joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bust of the Century January 26-27 2015 model suites and discussions

Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is that we'll have to hope what we have now still holds. What if the models keep ticking east then what?

What if they don't and trend back west tomorrow morning? Point is none of us know. You choose to be pessimistic which is fine, but don't condemn others for holding onto a little hope.  

Before the Euro gets going... just want to let everyone know I've shifted my HRRR grids to KJFK for those that might want to take a peek over the next couple of days. Any feedback and suggestions (e.g. other model fields ect.) are welcome :)

Grids update every hour (around 00:20 after the hour) as a new model cycle comes in...

Url: http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/hrrr.php#flt

hARNB99.png

Before the Euro gets going... just want to let everyone know I've shifted my HRRR grids to KJFK for those that might want to take a peek over the next couple of days. Any feedback and suggestions (e.g. other model fields ect.) are welcome :)

Url: http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/hrrr.php#flt

hARNB99.png

Thanks very much for sharing...new go to link for that data.

If it stays west, imho, we have our answer.

In all fairness...I think that unlikely.  All the models ingest the same data.  But time will tell.   

If one thinks 15 inches of snow living in Brooklyn NY is a crap forecast then you don`t understand your climo

When did I say that 15" was a crap forecast? Don't put words in my mouth.

Conservative almost always works best in the city. 

I just disagreed with your coastal plain argument for this storm because being north and west doesn't help here.

In all fairness...I think that unlikely.  All the models ingest the same data.  But time will tell.   

The NAM and GFS both indicated a system closer in line with the Euro @ 500MB. It was the surface resolution which was further east. 

Thing that puzzles me is that the cyclone is an absolutely ideal position...with good upper level support... and is of sufficient barometric depth to manifest a more impressive precipitation shield than some of these models are showing...

I'll be shocked if the Euro makes a major shift in any direction. Its shown good run to run continuity, has ensemble support and fits well with the thoughts of most of the degreed mets.

The euro may not budge track but significantly slice the QPF, that's my best guess to what it will do. I think it was Windcredible over in the SNE forum who said he didn't buy that with SNE seeing the insane amounts they'd get that it could stretch back to NYC and it was probably overdone. It's rare to see that big an area of 2 feet or more in any storm

The euro may not budge track but significantly slice the QPF, that's my best guess to what it will do. I think it was Windcredible over in the SNE forum who said he didn't buy that with SNE seeing the insane amounts they'd get that it could stretch back to NYC and it was probably overdone. It's rare to see that big an area of 2 feet or more in any storm

I've been trying to explain that to some of my friends tonight. I'm still going with 18-24'' but obviously I'm just an amateur at this game.

Cheers

Howie

Thing that puzzles me is that the cyclone is an absolutely ideal position...with good upper level support... and is of sufficient barometric depth to manifest a more impressive precipitation shield than some of these models are showing...

Banding usually gets further NW than models show. I remember we were mostly supposed to be fringed on 2/8/13 but there was plenty of precip all the way back to NYC. Rain and sleet ruined much of it though west of Suffolk.

Banding usually gets further NW than models show. I remember we were mostly supposed to be fringed on 2/8/13 but there was plenty of precip all the way back to NYC. Rain and sleet ruined much of it though west of Suffolk.

Actually...I remember the NAM with the heaviest snow over NE NJ & NYC a couple runs before 2/8/13. 

Archived