Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Coastal Storm This Weekend

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crap deleted my post by accident.

The flow is pretty progressive but look at h5 and the 300mb jet. They scream big storm. H5 just doesn't close off and the storm slips just far enough east to not crush the whole area.

Crap deleted my post by accident.

The flow is pretty progressive but look at h5 and the 300mb jet. They scream big storm. H5 just doesn't close off and the storm slips just far enough east to not crush the whole area.

Spot on

6-8 hr window per euro

(my est atm)

I will put my money on this horse

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/prec_f072_ussm.gif

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/prec_f096_ussm.gif

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/prec_usbg_animation.html

system stretches out  - elongates

you can see this idea on the latest euro run

I have to hand it to you man.....you tell people none of what they want to hear lately, but you don't play it safe with your guesses. Hopefully you're wrong here, but based on how this winter has gone so far, it's very possible that this doesn't turn into the strong low that some models are showing it aa

I have to hand it to you ? Omg I love Tommy , but he's been humping OTS for a week now. If it snows a flake it was a bad forecast.

The problem is we are not getting a flake but a snowstorm

so instead of 12 hours of heavy snow and sleet it's 8 or 9 ? And that's the cover my ÷×÷forecast .

The euro is 974 SE of the BM .

Since we all crash and burn at times I think the more credible thing to do was say hey I F d up. I thought it was OTS but it looks like most of you will be shoveling.

But that's just me.

How is the se ridge looking this morning? Looks like less of an influence on the 6z GFS? ;) Does that mean it's game on? Oh no...it means no storm at all. Because heights HAVE to rise ahead of any storm that tracks up the EC. Less height rises, less precip. Fact is, unless it is last winter, the coast almost always has to worry about mixing with every single EC storm.

Haha! The 6z GFS stands alone. Yeah, let's go with that solution ftw 3 days out. Said no one ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just do us a favor, and don't delete these posts like you did the ones where you were arguing for a storm track 400 miles southeast of the 06z GFS a few days ago.

Define OTS though. A few days ago, you were circling GFS OP mslp progs off the coast of Georgia.

Plus, it's still 4 days out, and speaking in probabilities is more in line with the current capabilities of the science. I think missing east is more likely than west, although my longitude is not the same as most in this subforum outside of eastern LI.

And by missing east, I mean something along the lines of the 06z GFS, which is a near miss. The GFS is now the E outlier. The 06z GEFS, while SE of the euro/cmc products, is also NW of the OP. The goalposts have been narrowed significantly over the past 48 hours IMO. Differences between the 0z GFS and 06z GFS at 4 days out is model noise.

The 00z EPS members were clustered on a track from coastal SC to just NE of OBX to about 50-75 miles East of ACY to near the benchmark. The spread is fairly large once you get to 96 hours with some members tracking inland over Long Island and into SNE while others miss the benchmark to the southeast.

The problem remains the trailing energy that is helping to deamplify the flow at the last minute and push the system East. The key will be getting the system to close off at H5 which will help to slow down the flow and initiate a period of rapid intensification.

What appears to be likely at this time is a rather potent but progressive system. Probably in and out in about twelve hours or so with 4-8" for the immediate coast, 3-6" just inland and 2-4" for NW NJ and West of the Hudson Valley.

The 00z EPS members were clustered on a track from coastal SC to just NE of OBX to about 50-75 miles East of ACY to near the benchmark. The spread is fairly large once you get to 96 hours with some members tracking inland over Long Island and into SNE while others miss the benchmark to the southeast.

The problem remains the trailing energy that is helping to deamplify the flow at the last minute and push the system East. The key will be getting the system to close off at H5 which will help to slow down the flow and initiate a period of rapid intensification.

What appears to be likely at this time is a rather potent but progressive system. Probably in and out in about twelve hours or so with 4-8" for the immediate coast, 3-6" just inland and 2-4" for NW NJ and West of the Hudson Valley.

i really dont know why some people give you such a hard time somtimes...you offer alot to this forum and are one of the best non-mets here...it was impossible last night without you doing the pbp to figure out what the euro really looked like based on what other people were saying and not making sense

Archived