joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Clipper snow disco and OBS Wednesday 1/21/2015

famartin

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather get screwed by this little thing than the Fri night-Sat deal...

True, rather be screwed up a storm that has little potential than one that has large potential, but regardless the weather doesn't care lol...I actually like the look of the LR even if this week doesn't pan out 1st half of Feb should def offer some potential

Steady snow began about 35 minutes ago in Lower Twp, NJ.  36 at KWWD with a light NW wind.  Is that sleet to my west or very heavy snow on Dover radar?

Pouring bricks right now, most of the hi-res models were forecasting immense banding over us. In this case, the HRRR looks too far west with placement.

acsnw_t3sfc_f15.png

NAM has like nothing in Trenton now.  Knew I should've put "coating" as my lower bounds... dangit.

it's such small differences with these clippers, I wouldn't beat yourself up at all about this forecast. Plus, at least speaking for myself, i appreciate how you have pretty much single-handily kept this forum alive.  Saturday will be the interesting one!

No delay to start according to radar and outside. Started off as light snow, and in about 5 minutes turned in to moderate/heavy snow. Now that the snow is heavier, snow is starting to accumulate on all surfaces, along with a sudden drop in temperature. About an hour ago it was 30/31, and now it's 27. Dusting to nothing on driveway ( mostly snow covered ) and a coating on all other surfaces except for grass which is not completely covered yet.

No delay to start according to radar and outside. Started off as light snow, and in about 5 minutes turned in to moderate/heavy snow. Now that the snow is heavier, snow is starting to accumulate on all surfaces, along with a sudden drop in temperature. About an hour ago it was 30/31, and now it's 27.

You're close enough so that virga doesn't really show up on KDIX.  Its probably been snowing for hours if you went by KDOX or KOKX.

Archived