• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

We aren't really in a warm pattern. We had a neutral/negative departure until just before Christmas.

That is a very fair statement...the last 5 days have seen double digit DFN at Central Park...and they are still only +3.0 for the month. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that you are bnailing is telling....not sure this is really a pattern change but rather a breakdown of the warm pattern which then simply reloads after a brief break

Lucky this thread is only 4 pages long. Please start on page 1 and see if I ever say longer than 2 weeks.

You extrapolate everything you read into something epic pls go back to page 1 and see what's inconsistent or " bailing "

We are def going to be colder with the -epo but with a +nao and se ridge we are not going to have much snow around here...

I think we warm up mid-month also...

We're warming up, I thought we've already been warmed up JK. Pending a January 2005 style reversal if there's nothing by mid January and the forecast calls for warm beyond through nearly the end of the month then it's gonna be time to close the books on this winter.

I'm sticking with a 06/07 type evolution where January is above average, little snow and February ends of being the coldest and snowiest month.

I wonder if left over energy after the cutter along with the SE ridging could get something going right afterwards.

This cutter isn't one of those big cold front like rushers that flood us with cold and dry right after because there's a lot of SE ridging still in place. So if I had to bet on a snow event prior to any thaw it would right after the cutter.

i think we could get a few inches before changing to rain next weekend depending on how long the high holds on

I'd be surprised the way it looks now...to me there are a few issues, one being the high is malpositioned and stale...also models are now seeing some sort of vort or primary low near the Lakes, so even if the southern wave were to stay flatter giving us an overrunning snow chance the primary vort by the Lakes ruins it.

We're warming up, I thought we've already been warmed up JK. Pending a January 2005 style reversal if there's nothing by mid January and the forecast calls for warm beyond through nearly the end of the month then it's gonna be time to close the books on this winter.

I'm sticking with a 06/07 type evolution where January is above average, little snow and February ends of being the coldest and snowiest month.

Why would you close the books on winter in January when you just said you think February will be our snowiest month?

From what im hearing from other meteorologist is we will have a January thaw around mid month that will last around 10 days then we go back into a cold pattern. Not sure if it actually happens but hope so...

Archived