• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

The 12z GFS has some northern stream involvment and it sends a slowly deepening surface low to the lakes with a retreating high pressure over southeast Canada. Pretty typical setup here for some snow to freezing rain to rain inland as low level cold air is usually under estimated in these setups. The moisture feed extends all the way down into the Bay of Campeche, which is very impressive.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a pretty good solution for most of the area. The vort max runs out ahead of the northern stream so this never really has a chance of closing off an ULL that would help tug everything back towards the coast, but nevertheless it's a snowy solution. Looks like 0.25-0.50"+ liquid.

gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_29.png

No it doesn't. It's much weaker and further south and has zero northern stream involvement.

Compare the map u posted with the map I posted. 1015mb vs 1016mb. Same spot same strung out system. Maybe they get there slightly differently but the two solutions are similar. Quit acting like everything you say and post is gospel and everyone else is wrong.

Split the difference then and go from there. The long awaited pattern change has finally occurred though so things should get a lot more interesting.

I won't speculate what happens mid month or if we see a true SSW event but for now expect colder weather with opportunities for snow/ice. Chilly NYE expected for those out and about and in Times Square.

Compare the map u posted with the map I posted. 1015mb vs 1016mb. Same spot same strung out system. Maybe they get there slightly differently but the two solutions are similar. Quit acting like everything you say and post is gospel and everyone else is wrong.

Look at what's going on at H5 and it's not even close.

And the bolded statement is out of left field.

I never said that anyone else was wrong. If you want to post bad information then have at it.

I agree with this but im comparing surface lp and I even said they get there in a different manner. So we agree to disagree. At least the cutter idea is off the euro table.

If you get any northern stream phasing at all this is going to cut. And if you don't, it might get completely sheared out. It's threading the needle at its finest.

The only two realistic options with south a strong SE Ridge is a cutter or a sheared out

system that gets suppressed by ejecting form the SW too late.

attachicon.gifgfs-ens_z500a_nhem_25.png

That's not entirely true. The key to this whole system is where, when and if we can get the northern stream involved. If not, then yes I agree, buzz saw.

Archived