Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor/TV thread

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's he going?

Not sure. His contract was either not renewed or he was let go.

post-384-0-72437100-1421985470_thumb.jpg

Likely due in part to the hiring of Cheryl Scott.

He may focus on his photography more for a while. Will be interesting to see where he turns up. I personally thought he always had a bit of a holier than thou attitude.

Just brutal :yikes:

live by the flame, die by the flame.  To his credit, he didn't delete it...yet

the most entertaining part of that whole thing is how there were people replying to him as the storm was unfolding him to tell him HIS forecast was going to bust .... to which he replied (to paraphrase)...let's wait for the storm to be over before we start calling out who is right or wrong....

lol

the most entertaining part of that whole thing is how there were people replying to him as the storm was unfolding him to tell him HIS forecast was going to bust .... to which he replied (to paraphrase)...let's wait for the storm to be over before we start calling out who is right or wrong....

lol

It's like a car accident. I couldn't stop reading his facebook page this morning.

Hypocrisy was the rule, blast people and heave childish insults at others for a busted forecast while riding your busted forecast like its spot on.

What is sad is that I have heard from others on the board that he is a nice guy, but his internet persona/reputation precedes him.

It's like a car accident. I couldn't stop reading his facebook page this morning.

Hypocrisy was the rule, blast people and heave childish insults at others for a busted forecast while riding your busted forecast like its spot on.

What is sad is that I have heard from others on the board that he is a nice guy, but his internet persona/reputation precedes him.

as a small business owner always concerned about how potential customers see me....I simply don't understand how in the heck he manages to bring in new customers with those kind of online antics.

He's said much worse than that.  Once time even busting on jb making a sexual slur about him and another weather competitor.

yeah....behavior last night from him was weak sauce and was all I needed to see to determine whether or not I need to ever read anything from him again (whether he is right or wrong)....I won't give him the traffic. 

The real test of personality is in challenging moments in life....his true colors showed during last night's challenge

• 3 weeks later...

as a small business owner always concerned about how potential customers see me....I simply don't understand how in the heck he manages to bring in new customers with those kind of online antics.

He's said much worse than that.  Once time even busting on jb making a sexual slur about him and another weather competitor.

I know a lot of people on this board don't like JB - and I've criticized him my self a few times - but he comes across as a better person than DT...and more professional. True JB has attacked the NWS, but I don't think he's ever called someone crude names in one of his videos or posts. I remember he once actually praised Tom Skilling, despite the fact that they have different opinions on AGW. Seriously, when you compare the class of someone like Don Paul in Buffalo to DT...

• 3 weeks later...

he's busting p bad in Cali

sierra are closer to 1% than 100%

heck of a point for early March @ 12,000' in the Sierra's

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-118.65990&lat=37.29625#.VPjBCvzF8WI

Yup. He admitted that, but up until 20 days ago his OV call was comical. Next winter will be interesting as he's on record as saying warm. West winter can go well into April.

JB has done well with this winter for the most part. He admits he was too fast in bringing the cold back in December, thinking it would be around Christmas, when in reality it was a little after New Years. He also admits he busted in the Plains with regard to the late January warm -up. Overall, though, he's done much better the past three winters than he did with 2011-2012 which was a disaster. It looks like he may be right with the cold late March too. I have my criticisms of the guy, but I give credit where it is due.

JB and LC beating the drums that this week into early next week is a false spring.    Both think the hammer slams down after March 20th for another 2-3 week very cold and stormy period.   This time all indicies look to line up -epo, -nao. -ao,+pna.  

Regardless of what they say, I always had a sinking feeling that the subforum wasn't finished.

JB and LC beating the drums that this week into early next week is a false spring.    Both think the hammer slams down after March 20th for another 2-3 week very cold and stormy period.   This time all indicies look to line up -epo, -nao. -ao,+pna.  

Regardless of what they say, I always had a sinking feeling that the subforum wasn't finished.

You can already see signs of it on op/ensemble progs.

If it is stormy (not all just to my south that is) ... I am all in ... otherwise I'll pass on a cold pattern that ends up dry!

I have Verizon Fios and the weather channel just got removed from my programming. It is now accuweather.com streaming local on the 8s nonstop. TWC has been declining but I enjoy following them during Tornadic events.

Isn't there a second 24 hour weather channel down there? Weather Nation or something?

Nope. Just the weather channel on Verizon Fios here. Tom Niziol posted about a conflict between verizon and Fios. Really hope they figure it out before the next tornadic outbreak.

Weather Nation used to air on WGRZ 2.2 I believe it was recently replaced by the Justice network. I also saw the Weather Nation channel when I was in Phoenix. I believe its a relatively new station and is still trying to gain a foothold. 

After I watched a bit of it I decided to download the app. The thing I like about the app is that you can stream it live from your computer, tablet, phone. 

Nope. Just the weather channel on Verizon Fios here. Tom Niziol posted about a conflict between verizon and Fios. Really hope they figure it out before the next tornadic outbreak.

how far are the sides apart in this dispute?

and as well, what type of contract did Accu-Wx sign with Verizon? I'm wondering since A-w has better lawyers than WN, are there some tricks up their sleeve? Like DirectTv, will The Weather Channel actually be able to get their channel numbers back on FiOs TV? I have a feeling A-W won't make it that easy this time, unlike WN, if not impossible.

One of our local weekend mets, last Sunday, had one of the worst 7-day forecasts you'll ever see.  It made no sense at all and it turned out even worse than it initially appeared to be.  Keep in mind it was very clear a nice stretch of much warmer weather was on the way and 50s and even 60s were likely, especially once the snow quickly melted.

This was the temp forecast...  and this met even mentioned these were optimistic numbers based on no fog issue.

46 46 47 48 50 48 46

This is what actually occurred...

52 62 58 62 69 62 67

That's an average of 14.4 degrees too cold every single day.  This station is often conservative, but this was a seriously wtf forecast.

Archived