joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve Nor'Easter OBS ONLY

TeleConnectSnow

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone is enjoying the storm while I'm stuck in OK!  If anyone could post obs for the Somerville/Bridgewater area I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

Right now looks like the snow/mix line (based on radar and the 1000-700 mb thickness line) is along a line from Trenton to New Brunswick to Staten Island.

About 2" down 7.4 mi SW of Bridgewater at 460'.

West orange nj moderate snow close to 3" on grass roads covered. Highest point in Essex county around 420 feet on the top of the hill not sure if we flip to anything but snow

Highest point in Essex County is 685 feet at Hilltop Reservation in Verona. I'm right along with you at around 410 in Roseland. We have around 2.5-3 on grassy surfaces as well. 

Snowing pretty heavily in the Edison area with a little over 1" on the ground and 31F. Was just driving around and local roads are snow covered, while 287/1/27 are getting a little slush on them.

If we don't get this "warm nose" that's been advertised and it stays all snow and near 32F, I would think we'd get 3-6" or so. In fact, TWC just upped their snowfall forecast for Piscataway (5 miles west of me) from 1-2" to 5-8" calling for heavy snow. Haven't seen the NWS up any forecasts and am wondering if that might happen soon - they did just extend the WWAdvisory into DE, but the snowfall mapst haven't changed for the I-95 corridor up here.

Archived