joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve SECS/MECS Discussion II

gkrangers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

700mb freezlng line makes it to about the Passaic/Morris County border and stalls. Ping Ping Ping for the coast, rain for LI.

Quick question I assume ping ping ping means sleet but where are you talking when you say the coast cause then you say rain for LI

0.10"+ falls after 00z (7PM) .

But, the VV are still decent and the higher res models have been hinting at a deform banding crossing the area before things shut off.

Yeah, people have been overlooking there are some interesting developments from 21-03Z on some models indicating snow possible...its not gonna be 12/25/02 or February 2013 but it may be a light version of that

Anyone from the city and points is are mostly taint, same as 12z.

Anyone southeast of the NJ TPK in NJ is pretty much the same.

If you're west of Rt. 17 in NJ and north of Rt. 80 you're mostly snow, maybe a brief mix of sleet in the afternoon.

If you're into the higher elevations in northern NJ and the LHV this is about as good as it gets for you.

Thanks IsentropicLift... I thought that's what you meant but wanted to make sure and wasn't positive if when you said rain for LI you meant the whole island or just eastern li. As I live in western Nassau county about 2 minutes from queens and a block south of the lie so just trying to figure out what we might get here..

Even northern NJ goes above freezing (700mb) level on the NAM.

The taint pushes well inland into NJ, Upstate NY, CT and SNE.

I'm not very worried about one model that has a thin layer of warmth at a very high level; 700mb (all other levels, including 850, good to go). The only 'layer' I'm worried about for temps is the surface.

Archived