joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 22-25 Storm Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^from LOT's AFD - This will be interesting to see how this plays out. After a week of subfreezing temps, it could take some time to warm up different types of surfaces.

I remember a sneaky event last year where the ground level was frozen, and the rain did not freeze on trees but flash froze on contact with the roads and ground. I could certainly see this type of scenario playing out for a bit.

I remember a sneaky event last year where the ground level was frozen, and the rain did not freeze on trees but flash froze on contact with the roads and ground. I could certainly see this type of scenario playing out for a bit.

January 10th last winter that was. That was horrible icing on the roads. It was unexpected too, because the air temperature was above freezing. Saw quite a few accidents on the way home from work that night because of it.

Re. soil temps: 2" down to 15 and 4" down to 26 here at the office this AM. Even the 8" temp was 28 degrees. Yesterday's measured frost depth was 7", higher than at any point in the warm winter of 2011-12.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Those years are not to be spoken of in my house. Other than my son being born in one of those years.

Gaylord Michigan had grass visible in mid January at one point.

Archived