Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. It is funny you know every one is like in panic mode. I will ride the euro all the way and the gfs. As franklin has said the ukie has been rock steady.

NAM and SREF are related to one other so it's given NAM will go north the moment SREF came out. I just can't see GL low getting involved.

They are related so you would expect the NAM to be north, but it's nowhere near the caliber of the SREF.

It did go little north but not enough to take us out of all-snow I think (850mb was cold). In fact, this run was even juicier for us.

EDIT: QPF look the same so far through 54.

snow totals for us look awful skimpy unless gsp just being conservative right now.  one place they say 3-5 inches of snow then another place they say heavy snow possible monday and tuesday and if that is the case we would have more snow when all is said and done.  I guess there is still a lot of uncertainty of the storm.

got em. hope it's a once in a lifetime storm. We usually don't get a lot of ice around here.

same here but temps pretty much stay below freezing below 5000'ft. And 850 temps don't warm until the main heavy slug of precip moves in. Dew points will be below 0 tomorrow and low temps will be in the single digits.

Holy moly guacamole. 09Z SREF looks downright dangerous for the mountains. Many members have total QPF 1.25-1.75" and only 1" of snow. So what? So that's a ****load of freezing rain and sleet. Ptype indicated only 20% chance of snow but near 90% chance of sleet and at least 50% chance of freezing rain. Wow. I am speechless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived