amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS is almost too far south track-wise for our liking. We still get good snow from 18z GFS but we're close to not getting paste job.

I've been worried about that ever since models started trending south. I'd be glad for them, but to be honest, I'll be pissed if Charlotte and Raleigh got dumped on and we got nothing. But that's been our type of luck this winter.

I've been worried about that ever since models started trending south. I'd be glad for them, but to be honest, I'll be pissed if Charlotte and Raleigh got dumped on and we got nothing. But that's been our type of luck this winter.

Yeah, I would be too. To be fair, I went sledding in 7" of snow back in November while they haven't seen a flake.

Way too early to start getting worried about a suppressed system, especially based on one (18z GFS) run. But FWIW the 18z GEFS is much better for WNC compared to the OP. On a side note, all aboard the ARP3 plume?:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20150212&RT=15&PRM=Total-SNO&SID=AVL&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=7&mLAT=35.29467537419229&mLON=-85.5399671875&mTYP=roadmap

Way too early to start getting worried about a suppressed system, especially based on one (18z GFS) run. But FWIW the 18z GEFS is much better for WNC compared to the OP. On a side note, all aboard the ARP3 plume?:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20150212&RT=15&PRM=Total-SNO&SID=AVL&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=7&mLAT=35.29467537419229&mLON=-85.5399671875&mTYP=roadmap

I'm not too worry :P SREF and NAM should get interesting now we're entering their range...

Just wanted to drop in and wish my mountain brothers (and sisters) good luck early next week. Hope you guys get drilled!

You to weathernut. I have dropping by yall forum about everyday and yall have had some great discussion. I am still not sold on this storm though. Let's get to Sunday before we start really honking. Good luck to yall as well.

Something like this joe. This is basically the euro run 51 times and here is the mean slp. Looks near Augusta.

attachicon.gifeps_mslpa_noram_23.png

Thanks Franky !

Just wanted to drop in and wish my mountain brothers (and sisters) good luck early next week. Hope you guys get drilled!

That convenience store off of 321 next to the golf course sells some killer chicken livers. Good luck you as well.

Roads turning white here know at the hospital.

You in the hospital ? Get well, we need our thread captain for next week !!!!

Thanks Franky !

That convenience store off of 321 next to the golf course sells some killer chicken livers. Good luck you as well.

You in the hospital ? Get well, we need our thread captain for next week !!!!

No I work at the hospital. I am a Med rec tech in th ED department and I am in ministry school. I just got home and we have about a half inch of snow and snowing lightly with a temp of 13 degrees.

This storm is hard to pin down. Just when the GFS and GEM come south the GEFS and Ukie go north. The 0z GEFS is actually a slight improvement for WNC over the 18z, but it looks like that could be partially due to a couple of clipper systems after the main event. Still a long ways to go on this one but I feel like we're in a good position at this point.

Archived