joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here was my map I posted on FB this AM around 6:30.  I think we see a few flakes make it into the valleys... similar to Monday but with a smaller window for flakes.  I will be in Maggie tomorrow morning so I am looking forward to this.  12z 4km NAM looks pretty solid with a tad bit of backside development along the escarpment while 850mb temps are below 0c.  Might have to extend my dusting just a hair east, most have a good shot around WNC tomorrow AM of seeing flakes though imo.

1545620_1538068499797051_659966662713933

Here was my map I posted on FB this AM around 6:30. I think we see a few flakes make it into the valleys... similar to Monday but with a smaller window for flakes. I will be in Maggie tomorrow morning so I am looking forward to this. 12z 4km NAM looks pretty solid with a tad bit of backside development along the escarpment while 850mb temps are below 0c. Might have to extend my dusting just a hair east, most have a good shot around WNC tomorrow AM of seeing flakes though imo.

1545620_1538068499797051_659966662713933

Nice map id extend the dusting throu nw Rutherford an northern Burke into northern caldwell just the tips but looks good man.

As expected, the mountains ate this system alive. Poof. Light flurries, windy, temp down to 25.4 and dropping. This is getting really old.

lol was just going to post we have some flurries and is windy. Pretty pathetic. Our chances will come I believe at least once. I think heading into the end of February and into March we will have some good chances.

lol was just going to post we have some flurries and is windy. Pretty pathetic. Our chances will come I believe at least once. I think heading into the end of February and into March we will have some good chances.

I don't mean to be negative but this whole winter has been 10 days from now or the end of the month or next month, guys I can't believe even here in the mountains winter has sucked big time plus we are running out of time.  Grant you we've seen our biggest snows in March and a few in April but the way this winter is going those months this year will be in the 70's of which I hope at that time.  Just really a terrible winter for snow lovers.    :ee:

it's gonna take at least a couple gulf storms. The smokies picked up some snow. I should have taken a pic when I was at fontana lake today.

Oh man it is beautiful out there when is snows. I have a friend who has a boat house out there. It gets pretty wicked out there sometimes. Yeah not sure we make it to normal but shoot a widespread storm would be nice.

Archived