joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AVL area - basically a few snow showers, some patches of snow stuck in the grass, but that's about it. Not even measurable.

buncombe county must have wanted a three day weekend. Last I looked haywood was only a 2 hour delay, and saw nothing for Yancey. Nothing but some flurries here too.

buncombe county must have wanted a three day weekend. Last I looked haywood was only a 2 hour delay, and saw nothing for Yancey. Nothing but some flurries here too.

Yancey is closed today. We've had about an inch and still snowing. Roads in northern Yancey are covered.

Our school system is very small. If one area gets more snow than the other they close them all.

It may be a reaction to earlier in the week. WLOS grilled them on-air for not canceling Tuesday when the roads in North Buncombe were covered in white.

How do yall feel about the threat later this week? Heck, I'll take a dusting at this point.

well right know tonight and tomorrow look really good with strong enhancement from a stiff NW Flow coming in along the mountains. This will really make the snow pick up along the TN/NC boarder. I could see an advisory coming out for us. As far as the other possible storm I am really not paying to much attention to as we have been burnt so much enough looking ahead so much. Let's get the storm inside 3 days and see what we have.

Yea. Will probably see a few more snow showers tonight and tomorrow in North Asheville. Looking at the Euro, where the coastline sees a foot and the mountains get some token flakes/clouds…..that would be the ultimate capper to a bad winter here.

Lol don't buy into those crazy solutions right know. The models have been so inconsistent that is why I said let's get a storm in here in 3 days or less. Even with just 100 hours out we are seeing some big Changes. Some will never learn around here to not take the first chance of snow as the gospel. I'm not about hyping anything up as we have fallen on our face time and time again.

Lol don't buy into those crazy solutions right know. The models have been so inconsistent that is why I said let's get a storm in here in 3 days or less. Even with just 100 hours out we are seeing some big Changes. Some will never learn around here to not take the first chance of snow as the gospel. I'm not about hyping anything up as we have fallen on our face time and time again.

Lol. I wasn't taking it seriously. Its just nice to see a snow threat somewhere in the south. I was just saying IF something like that even came close to verifying it would be hilarious. 

+1 They never learn, one day its "BOOK IT" the next, "COLD RAIN FTW" maybe its sarcasm but it gets old. Dont even post ten day models IMO. Just my .0002.

Lol. I wasn't taking it seriously. Its just nice to see a snow threat somewhere in the south. I was just saying IF something like that even came close to verifying it would be hilarious.

Yeah I understand. Just getting up on my soap box a bit with all the crazy posts about storms and snow some 5 plus days out. Really were we are we have the best chance at seeing snow the rest of the winter. Hey looks like we will see some tomorrow.

Another nickel, or maybe even a dime. I'll take it regardless. 

Winter Weather Advisory

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC
358 PM EST SUN FEB 1 2015

...TRAVEL CONDITIONS WILL RAPIDLY DETERIORATE ON MONDAY ACROSS
THE WESTERN AND TENNESSEE BORDER COUNTIES OF THE NORTH CAROLINA
MOUNTAINS AND EXTREME NORTHEAST GEORGIA...

.A LARGE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK NORTHEAST ACROSS THE OHIO
RIVER VALLEY TONIGHT...THEN DEEPEN OFF THE NEW ENGLAND COAST ON
MONDAY. WIDESPREAD MODERATE RAINFALL WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE
SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION TONIGHT AHEAD OF A STRONG COLD FRONT.
THE COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO SWEEP ACROSS THE REGION MONDAY
MORNING. IN THE WAKE OF THE FRONT...STRONG AND COLD NORTHWEST
WINDS WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE REGION. THE WINDS WILL SUPPORT
NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS ACROSS TENNESSEE BORDER COUNTIES...PORTIONS
OF THE SOUTHERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS...AND MOUNTAINS OF
EXTREME NORTHEAST GEORGIA. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO STRENGTHEN ACROSS
THE MOUNTAINS ON MONDAY...WITH GUSTS PEAKING DURING THE EARLY
AFTERNOON. IN ADDITION...FALLING DAYTIME TEMPERATURES WILL LIKELY
CREATE WIDESPREAD BLACK ICE ACROSS THE REGION ON
MONDAY...REMAINING UNTIL TUESDAY MORNING.

Archived