Sign in to follow this  
jaxjagman

OBS

Convective bands getting going over Kentucky. Should drop southeast. I'm still getting light snow from the first band. The wind has been dead still so far. I'd imagine that will be changing pretty soon.

136cdbfda01f92d97b7a26bbee3a95ed.jpg

Reb's power is still out in Maryville. :(

Hate that for Reb! Family in Halls has no cable/internet but thankfully still has power which is the only thing that matters!

Stove, couldn't believe that about UT-Knox. Wife and I discussed that this morning. Just insane (UT's decision, not my Wife...well, considering her choice of spouses, maybe! :lmao: ). She stayed home as well...

Have had some pretty good snow showers off and on SW of Kingsport.  Probably 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch additional accumulation so far. Side roads beginning to get white. Not a good day to be out and about for certain!

I have exactly .75 from the main band. Heavy bands are now working thru Knoxville and the valley. It will probably get hairy real soon. UT will be regretting the decision.

94b29ce0949f75e98a1d540bf96ed64f.jpg

I was robbed a little 1234, moisture got starved a little, maybe got .50 inch, maybe

But places to my southeast apparently got nailed, some reports of 2 inches in the Johnson city area and slighty north

Just got under one of the band streamers it came down hard for about 20 minutes.  Bout an inch and a half here.  Wind just started here too, so guessing fropa...  Hearing a lot of cracking in the woods.

I was robbed a little 1234, moisture got starved a little, maybe got .50 inch, maybe

But places to my southeast apparently got nailed, some reports of 2 inches in the Johnson city area and slighty north

Yeah it has been pretty insane here in JC. Hasn't stopped snowing since a little after 9.

Stovepipe and Knoxville are getting slammed right now.

1303a141aeb408f699315d877155be18.jpg

Thats the band just just worked through my area a few minutes ago... Its intense, I got about an inch out of that band, half inch this morning when it first started.

That band means business.  Heavy snow with some serious wind gusts, visibility went way down.  I don't know how much it laid down but it covered the roads again.  Ice has been cracking in the trees.  I'm amazed we still have power. 

Ruh roh.  Winds picking up here in Roane county.  Big treetops starting to sway quite a bit and snow is blowing off the top of my garage. Keeping my fingers crossed to not lose power.  I'm prepared if I do...but man it would be a pain.  :snowing:

I received 3/4" of fresh snow this morning. Looks like bands are lining up out of SE KY and should begin advancing through KTRI in about an hour, followed by strong NW flow. May get an additional inch or two this afternoon.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NASHVILLE TN
1032 AM CST WED FEB 18 2015

.MESOSCALE UPDATE...MOST OF THE ACCUMULATING SNOW HAS MOVED EAST
OF OUR AREA...AND PARTLY SUNNY SKIES HAD DEVELOPED FOR MUCH OF MID
TN. SOME ADDITIONAL ENERGY WILL SWING DOWN IN THE TROUGH WITH
ADDITIONAL CLOUDS AND SNOW SHOWERS THIS AFTERNOON. FOR AREAS WEST
OF THE PLATEAU...SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS MAY PRODUCE A FRESH
DUSTING IN SOME SPOTS THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. THE UPPER CUMBERLAND
MAY HAVE ANOTHER HALF INCH OF SNOW IN SPOTS THROUGH THE
AFTERNOON...SO THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL BE EXTENDED THERE
UNTIL 6 PM CST. TEMPERATURES WILL RISE A LITTLE WITH THE
SUN...THEN LATER ON TODAY...READINGS WILL BE STEADY OR SLOWLY
FALL WITH GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS CONTINUING. WIND CHILLS WILL FALL
AROUND ZERO BY LATE AFTERNOON.

We were hammered by the first wave in Erwin. I sit on a favorable ridge around a mile from downtown, so conditions may vary there. It began snowing around 9:30 and hasn't stopped since. Really no wind to speak of yet. Two inches of fresh powder have fallen and filled in the blanks from the compacted snow/ice blanket.

As I type this, a heavy burst with gusty winds has moved in.

Huntsville picked up about a half inch of snow this morning. Nice clipper, they usually don't produce much this far south, but it was very pretty while it lasted.

The first picture was taken during the snow we had this morning. The second picture happened just a few minutes ago as a snow band rolled through. It was almost a total white out for a few minutes.

post-1233-0-70463800-1424283284_thumb.jp

post-1233-0-27912800-1424283304_thumb.jp