SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS

jaxjagman

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a pretty successful "cancel." Since Feb 16th, we have received about 16-17" of snow IMBY in west Kingsport. KV and 1234, that sound about right?

I think you're spot on with that assessment, Carvers.It seems like it's been quite a while since we've seen this volume of snow in the span of 9 days, especially when the previous ground cover hasn't disappeared between systems. Add what's coming tomorrow night to these totals and it's been a banner end of February for the TRI! 

The only down side is I was hoping to go to Louisville, KY for the biggest militaria show of the year on Friday. Since I'm having trouble getting off my hill, that's probably out. LOL Next year the show moves two weeks earlier in February. I kept thinking that would be an awful time for it to take place...but looking back weren't we warm on Valentine's Day weekend?  :whistle:

Headed out to the store and lunch and I 40 and the main roads are pretty well clear now...even the nasty little shady road in front of my neighborhood has been plowed....DOT doing a fine job after probably getting surprised...The hardest part are the rednecks in 4x4 pickups and the two p***ks in their Range Rovers thinking they can do anything they want because they have 4wd...its otherwise not too difficult to get around. 

Headed out to the store and lunch and I 40 and the main roads are pretty well clear now...even the nasty little shady road in front of my neighborhood has been plowed....DOT doing a fine job after probably getting surprised...The hardest part are the rednecks in 4x4 pickups and the two p***ks in their Range Rovers thinking they can do anything they want because they have 4wd...its otherwise not too difficult to get around. 

Well that is encouraging to hear, thanks for the update Bob.  My only window into the road situation is my neighborhood which is still fairly covered.  I should be able to slide down my steep driveway and get out in the morning ok lol.

My kids travel ball tournament got cancelled in Knoxville this weekend. I guess there has been too much water on the fields.

I was hoping the bright sunshine today would have worked a miracle! lol.

Going to be another cold night. Warmer days ahead, but also a LOT more rain too. Wonder if flooding will become an even more widespread problem........?

• 3 weeks later...

mcd0146.gif

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0146
   NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
   0923 PM CDT WED MAR 25 2015

AREAS AFFECTED...SERN MO...NERN AR...EXTREME SRN IL...WRN KY AND
   NWRN TN

CONCERNING...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 7...

VALID 260223Z - 260400Z

THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 7 CONTINUES.

SUMMARY...THREAT FOR ISOLATED DAMAGING WIND AND HAIL WILL PERSIST
   MAINLY FROM SERN MO THROUGH SRN IL...NERN AR AND A SMALL PART OF WRN
   KY THROUGH 04Z. ACTIVITY WILL EVENTUALLY DEVELOP FARTHER SOUTH INTO
   WRN KY AND NWRN TN AFTER 04Z.

DISCUSSION...AT 02Z A COLD FRONT EXTENDED FROM WRN KY...SERN
   MO...NCNTRL AND NWRN AR MOVING SLOWLY SWD. THE ATMOSPHERE SOUTH OF
   THIS BOUNDARY REMAINS MARGINALLY UNSTABLE...AND CONVECTIVE
   INHIBITION HAS INCREASED. GIVEN THE HOSTILE THERMODYNAMIC
   ENVIRONMENT IN THE WARM SECTOR...STORM DEVELOPMENT WILL LIKELY
   REMAIN CONFINED TO ALONG AND NORTH OF THE COLD FRONT. DESPITE THE
   ELEVATED NATURE OF THE CONVECTION...RADAR CONTINUES TO SHOW
   ORGANIZED STRUCTURES. A BOWING SEGMENT WAS INDICATED OVER SERN MO
   AND UPDRAFT ROTATION WAS EVIDENT WITH CELLS OVER NRN AR AND SRN IL
   WHERE EFFECTIVE BULK SHEAR REMAINS IN EXCESS OF 40 KT IN VICINITY OF
   THE FRONT.

..DIAL.. 03/26/2015

ATTN...WFO...OHX...PAH...MEG...LSX...

Haha not a temp or weather observation per se. TDOT is out putting brine on the roads right now. Guess black ice could be a prob but that's about it

So it is true.  A friend of mine called me and asked if we were supposed to have snow, because they are brining the roads in Morristown.  I couldn't believe it.

That's really cray cray.  They must just have extra they want to get rid of before spring. :whistle:

Archived