• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS

jaxjagman

It was quite the flizzard especially from about Pellissippi Pky out to Lenoir City as I drove through there around 6am...I could not believe Knox waited so long to call a delay...

graupel here in Erwin, mixed with a little snow.  Nothing more than a "skiff" below 2500.

I am guessing they probably forgot what snow looked like?  

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Child's first snow is probably more thrilling for us parents, but also fun for the kids. Great pic. Congrats!

nice dusting here with big flakes earlier as well. thanks nut and stove

Chattanooga had drizzle this morning, thankfully above freezing. Glad folks to my north and east enjoyed a dusting. Cheers!

Child's first snow is probably more thrilling for us parents, but also fun for the kids. Great pic. Congrats!

Chattanooga had drizzle this morning, thankfully above freezing. Glad folks to my north and east enjoyed a dusting. Cheers!

I agree with nrgjeff, Reb! Great pic and enjoy these years! My daughter is off at college. Her first big snow was in January of 1996...I don't think she's seen another one even close since! LOL

The Kingsport area scored a big goose egg this morning. However some of the higher elevations must have at least had something frozen laying on the roads since my son was out of school today (Hawkins County). Glad that some folks scored!!! I know it wasn't much but this year we take what we can get! 

What am I missing here??? I've been too busy watching the weekend system. Did I over look this????

http://www.knoxnews.com/weather/east-tennessee-winter-weather-advisory

Interesting. Here's what I'm seeing from MRX:

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MORRISTOWN TN

318 PM EST THU JAN 29 2015

NCZ060-061-TNZ012>018-035>047-067>074-081>087-098>102-VAZ001-002-

005-006-008-302030-

CHEROKEE-CLAY-SCOTT TN-CAMPBELL-CLAIBORNE-HANCOCK-HAWKINS-

SULLIVAN-JOHNSON-MORGAN-ANDERSON-UNION-GRAINGER-HAMBLEN-

NORTHWEST COCKE-COCKE SMOKY MOUNTAINS-NORTHWEST GREENE-

SOUTHEAST GREENE-WASHINGTON TN-UNICOI-NORTHWEST CARTER-

SOUTHEAST CARTER-ROANE-LOUDON-KNOX-JEFFERSON-NW BLOUNT-

BLOUNT SMOKY MOUNTAINS-NORTH SEVIER-SEVIER SMOKY MOUNTAINS-

SEQUATCHIE-BLEDSOE-RHEA-MEIGS-MCMINN-NORTHWEST MONROE-

SOUTHEAST MONROE-MARION-HAMILTON-BRADLEY-WEST POLK-EAST POLK-LEE-

WISE-SCOTT-RUSSELL-WASHINGTON-

318 PM EST THU JAN 29 2015

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST NORTH

CAROLINA...EAST TENNESSEE AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA.

.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT...

COLDER AIR WILL PUSH IN BEHIND A COLD FRONT TONIGHT INTO

FRIDAY MORNING...WITH RAIN SHOWERS CHANGING TO SNOW SHOWERS

ESPECIALLY ACROSS CENTRAL AND NORTHERN EAST TENNESSEE AND SOUTHWEST

VIRGINIA. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO AN INCH OR TWO WILL BE

POSSIBLE MAINLY ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE EAST TENNESSEE

MOUNTAINS AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA. A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL BE

IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS STARTING TONIGHT AT

MIDNIGHT THROUGH NOON EST ON FRIDAY.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY...

ANOTHER ROUND OF WINTRY WEATHER IS POSSIBLE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY AS

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA. FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IS

STILL RATHER HIGH AT THIS TIME...HOWEVER...IT APPEARS SOME

SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE POSSIBLE. THE BEST CHANCES FOR

SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE ACROSS NORTHERN AREAS AND

ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE EAST TENNESSEE

MOUNTAINS AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA.

I don't see where that WWA involves anything other than the Southern Appalachians. While I'm no met, maps are my life and I don't consider Knoxville the "Southern Appalachians."  So the article should have stated NWS has issued a WWA for somewhere else.  :snowing:

Has anyone else noticed MRX observations for Morristown, Gattlinburg, and sometimes, as in this case, Elizabethton, are not what they should be. This snapshot was taken at 6AM Eastern. It's dark as it could be, yet they are reporting sunny conditions for these three locations. I actually don't think I've ever seen the Morristown location report the right sky condition at night. Any idea what could be causing this?post-10573-0-67302500-1422703220_thumb.j

Just drove through a heavy granular snow shower here in Morristown. It was fun while it lasted. Coated some roof tops and a little on the grass, but barely enough to even call a light dusting. Still fun to see, and we still have flurries and snow grains falling, so that's at least nice to look at.

Getting some more off that white teasing stuff falling from the sky. This makes about 8 times this year with light snow and nothing to show for it on the ground. Area schools are letting out for some reason. I don't think it will get hard enough to warrant that. Heck they should of just went ahead and made it a Super Bowl Holiday! lol

Finally home. Very tiny flakes that you had to squint to see in Hixon. Not much else until West Knox, where there was a bit of a snow shower around Cedar Bluff, then another around Emory Road. A bit heavier snow shower around Clinton. Then about 132 mile marker when you begin the ascent up the Plateau, the ground was white. Still a few snow showers around, 25 degrees and a heavy dusting.

Archived