• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

That's what I said up to LEB and MVL. Not that it stops at ORH...just draw a line NNW from there. I wasn't clear yesterday about that.

Was a very solid call by you yesterday.  Pretty much thought the exact same you did.  When I looked at the 18z NAM and GFS yesterday and saw how similar both were in terms of s/w track I thought it was pretty apparent where the best convection would occur.  The setup also screamed SE MA special.  

Setup was also forecasted pretty well too I believe...BOX had mention of the potential.  I was a little shocked SPC didn't have 5% contour but these aren't setups that the SPC specializes in so can't really knock them at all.  Typically these smaller events are handled more by local WFO's as opposed to the SPC.  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a very solid call by you yesterday. Pretty much thought the exact same you did. When I looked at the 18z NAM and GFS yesterday and saw how similar both were in terms of s/w track I thought it was pretty apparent where the best convection would occur. The setup also screamed SE MA special.

Setup was also forecasted pretty well too I believe...BOX had mention of the potential. I was a little shocked SPC didn't have 5% contour but these aren't setups that the SPC specializes in so can't really knock them at all. Typically these smaller events are handled more by local WFO's as opposed to the SPC.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but you had a great disco. Excellent analysis yesterday. I meant to tell you that. Good stuff Paul. I had to talk about tstm potential today for work so I took added attention than normal lol.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but you had a great disco. Excellent analysis yesterday. I meant to tell you that. Good stuff Paul. I had to talk about tstm potential today for work so I took added attention than normal lol.

No need to apologize!  

Great setup to be extra focused on for work!  I really love these setups...when they produce they can really go wild and it's crazy to think in these setups we almost always see at least one golf ball report...it's not easy to get golf ball hail lol

The GFS is good for a nice NYC outbreak..lol. I actually did a presentation on the revere tornado, and morning time is a common theme in some of these setups. Ekster actually pointed this out to me...makes sense when we a re just coming off of peak nighttime LLJ enhancement.

Long time anon, first time poster... Just thought I heard a car crash, looked outside and saw a beautiful storm bubbling with lightning bolts. As a private pilot it's a bit un nerving watching several planes fly way to close before diverting.

Very strange. Just walked out to POURING rain while it was sunny in Portsmouth buqyte9a.jpg

Best severe day since june 2010 macroburst in Belmont. Sick clouds, great storms.

I prefer June 1 2011, as there were two rounds of strikingly well-structured storms with tons of beautiful lightning to boot. Plus a tornado (that I did not see, mind.). Thursday was indeed gorgeous though, I took some great pictures from Ayer.

55pcWtN.jpg

LgWNvNt.jpg

Wednesday looks pretty meh from my view. Marginal instability, passable vorticity, plenty of junk already in the air. If anything happens, it'll be a rain wrapped spinner, no good for SVR enjoyment, more effective at causing tragedies.

Headed out to OU to get myself on the track to a degree, thank you all for being a great community where you learn something new with every post! I'll keep up with the threads, and I'll pray for big snow dec-jan. Once again, thanks guys!

Wednesday looks pretty meh from my view. Marginal instability, passable vorticity, plenty of junk already in the air. If anything happens, it'll be a rain wrapped spinner, no good for SVR enjoyment, more effective at causing tragedies.

Headed out to OU to get myself on the track to a degree, thank you all for being a great community where you learn something new with every post! I'll keep up with the threads, and I'll pray for big snow dec-jan. Once again, thanks guys!

That's pretty much what a high shear low CAPE deal looks like.

Archived