Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering on Monday I posted that Thursday would be the big severe day region wide which it ended up being I think that was a pretty good call going against some others who were calling it for areas not in SNE and then changed as the week went on

Might have been a big severe day for the coast seabreeze areas and the cape but I would hardly call that regionwide.

Well when you give your best foot forward and someone just throws a steaming pile of dung in your face because they don't like your forecast, it's kind of warranted.

Safest bet is to include Tolland in all and every exciting weather event/forecast and you'll always have someone backing you up, lol.

I will say, I was a bit shocked at some of the larger hail reports that were over 1''...can be difficult to get hail of that magnitude when vertical values are are meager but lift must have been sufficient enough.  

I was pretty impressed though with models having dews in the lower to mid 50's and was pretty impressed with the strength of the cold pool that was moving overhead.  

Frequent showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 72. Strong and damaging winds, with a north wind 55 to 65 mph becoming west 16 to 26 mph. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 3 and 4 inches possible.

Archived