• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014 AMEX Conference in Baltimore

ORH_wxman

Board's too big for one big forum.   And it would be odd doing model PBP with so many people and so many geographical places, some guy in VA would be saying the Euro's great when it showed a suppressed system vs someone up here saying it sucks etc....

the main forum worked well when the board was small.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Board's too big for one big forum.   And it would be odd doing model PBP with so many people and so many geographical places, some guy in VA would be saying the Euro's great when it showed a suppressed system vs someone up here saying it sucks etc....

the main forum worked well when the board was small.

Yeah we have a pretty large Lakes/midwest contingent now and a MUCH larger southeast U.S. contingent vs the first 3-4 seasons of Eastern. At least when it was mostly just northeast posters, the PBP could handle the smaller differences between Mid-Atlantic/New England and such. Esp since it was mostly about 100 regular posters...maybe rising to a few hundred during more active stormy periods.

But that would be impossible now. In addition...we have a lot more northeast posters too...thus, we get more banter.

At any rate, in terms of back to the original subject, I'm not sure subforums would explain the decline in the Conference attendance this year. It might...though we did have pretty steady numbers from 2010-2012, even if unspectacular. We had subforums then too.

Maybe people just aren't as interested anymore. That is totally possible. But hopefully those that do attend this one have a great time. The speaker list is good and I'm sure it will be really fun. We'll try and make it especially exciting for the last one. They have been a nice event over the years.

I've just sorta become bored with weather lately

Can't explain it

Lack of damaging dews, no extreme heat, weak thunderstorm season...even more reason to attend a conference to relive some extreme weather events and share moments with people of similar interests...

Lack of damaging dews, no extreme heat, weak thunderstorm season...even more reason to attend a conference to relive some extreme weather events and share moments with people of similar interests...

See ya there, friend!!  Can't wait to see some of your videos...then again in Danbury, and AGAIN in Canton (Tri-State and Southern New England Conferences, both in October).  Hope you can hang in CT til then...

--Turtle  

Check in from Baltimore:

Hung out with Will and Quincy (the New England contingent), along with another weather observer from Cambridge who's not on the boards (James M.) but VERY interested in weather.  A bunch more folks here, too.  Had a great get together at the bar (surprise...not!).  It was GREAT to meet Stebo (Steve), and had excellent conversations with him.  Then, of course, a one on one with Dr. Frank...simply amazing.  My hub will be VERY jealous (my hurricane freak at home).

More later...

--Turtle 

See ya there, friend!!  Can't wait to see some of your videos...then again in Danbury, and AGAIN in Canton (Tri-State and Southern New England Conferences, both in October).  Hope you can hang in CT til then...

--Turtle

It's so great to see you again! And everyone else too!

LOST AND FOUND:

FOUND

To the older gentleman who attended the conference from Westfield State:  I've got your baseball cap!  Just PM me your contact info and I will reunite you with your cap!!  Sorry, you didn't have a name tag (didn't want one!), and  can't remember your ID.  Let me know!

Thanks!

--Turtle  

Hey gang...

I also showed my poster...a comparison of the Blizzards of 1978 vs. 2013.  Was well received.  Thanks to Randy for my last minute addition.

Will...GREAT presentation, even though we had 'divine intervention' next door! (hehe)

--Turtle 

Archived