• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor forecast thread

famartin

Sheena is on vacation(Glenn ill) but couldn't they get one of the weekend people to fill in rather than ripping off Doug from DC?

Besides Glenn and a select few (non weather) NBC10 sucks. Once Glenn retires I'm out for weather and news. The station in general is a mess. The only good thing they've done recently is finally shiet-can Renee Chanault after 6+ months "leave" because of her corrupt husband and possibly herself as well. She was horrible... 

Sheena is not on vacation, as she is on the early morning newscast for two weeks. I do not work there so not sure what is up, but with Glenn out due to an illness then why don't they just have Sheena cover his slot? Unless Bill Henley who does the early morning newscast is on vacation. Not sure.

Sheena is not on vacation, as she is on the early morning newscast for two weeks. I do not work there so not sure what is up, but with Glenn out due to an illness then why don't they just have Sheena cover his slot? Unless Bill Henley who does the early morning newscast is on vacation. Not sure.

That's probably it then. I read somewhere Doug was there because of a pre-planned vacation. I assumed Sheena.

Again though, why not get the weekend weather people to fill in and not a lead Met from another market?

That's probably it then. I read somewhere Doug was there because of a pre-planned vacation. I assumed Sheena.

Again though, why not get the weekend weather people to fill in and not a lead Met from another market?

Do they even have weekend weather people/Mets any longer? (cut cost?) Under "meet the team" in NBC10's weather section all they have listed are Glenn, Bill and Sheena. I never watch the local news on weekends so I wouldn't know...

http://tinyurl.com/jugltl5

Do they even have weekend weather people/Mets any longer? (cut cost?) Under "meet the team" in NBC10's weather section all they have listed are Glenn, Bill and Sheena. I never watch the local news on weekends so I wouldn't know...

http://tinyurl.com/jugltl5

At least three others,

Michelle Grossman, Karen Thomas and someone from Telemundo...

Slim pickings for sure!

How 'bout Herb Clarke, Gene Crane or Wally Kennan?

At least three others,

Michelle Grossman, Karen Thomas and someone from Telemundo...

Slim pickings for sure!

How 'bout Herb Clarke, Gene Crane or Wally Kennan?

Growing up Herb Clark was the man. Jim O'Brian and him had such different personalities but got their point across regarding weather.

*Looking at the NBC10 weather bios I was a tad shocked seeing Bill Henley has been there a year longer than Glenn. Bill (94') Glenn (95'). I would have thought Bill started around early 2000s. Time flies...

• 2 weeks later...

Someone from NOAA was on a morning show with Al Roker last week. Al was showing the upgraded Euro reporting from England...in particular the run which clobbered the I95 corridor. He commented something about how accurate the Euro is and is now upgraded yada yada yada. Anyway, they went back to the studio to interview someone from NOAA and he said the USA has an upgraded model that is being tested and will be released soon that is even better and more accurate than the Euro. He didnt say which model.

Is it safe to assume he was referencing the GFS para?

Or is there another beta model under lock and key that will be put into the model rotation?

That is ridiculous.

I know. I can't find the comment he made on facebook basically to this effect regarding his system. In my view, a forecast is a forecast. If you bust, you bust. If nail it as pronged then good. What I don't understand is how amateur and independent forecasters can basically get away with these multi-staged forecasts and not call it a bust even if the first forecast was never even close to correct.

Someone from NOAA was on a morning show with Al Roker last week. Al was showing the upgraded Euro reporting from England...in particular the run which clobbered the I95 corridor. He commented something about how accurate the Euro is and is now upgraded yada yada yada. Anyway, they went back to the studio to interview someone from NOAA and he said the USA has an upgraded model that is being tested and will be released soon that is even better and more accurate than the Euro. He didnt say which model.

Is it safe to assume he was referencing the GFS para?

Or is there another beta model under lock and key that will be put into the model rotation?

The MEGA NAM, throw away all the others lol

• 3 weeks later...

Following the averages to the letter it appears without considering that averages happen as the result of extremes that are

pretty tough to hit 90 days out.

It is a joke somewhat but since it favors my area I'll take it as exact science...

** Highest for me is 86 on 4/7 with the forecast ending 4/11.  

I may be late to the party but it looks like NBC10 is now going w/the 10 day forecast w/the 7 day scrolling along the bottom during the weather segment.

Interesting, assuming accuracy in projected precip when it seems hard enough to get that right within 48 hrs!

Whatever Shena showed at 11 was a mess of numbers for various regions/ "neighborhoods" in our area.. Way too much to sort through!! Don't think that new feature will survive public opinion!