Newest Member
    Toothache
Tuesday/Tuesday night (March 25-26 2014) snow obs

famartin

OBS

SN

Temp 29.8F

Winds light out of the E

Looks like there's a coating to 1/2" but only on the grassy surfaces, shrubs, and rooftops. All the sidewalks and streets are still wet (am afraid the sidewalks might ice up.  When I left downtown after work, it was just starting the flurrying.  Was surprised it took so long to get started...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

830pm Obs

Sea Isle City NJ

Heavy Snow

Temp 32.3

Humidity 95%

DP 31.6

Wind NW 15 mph gusts to 21 mph

My webcam at my other house is snow covered so I can't see how much has fallen but clearly March is looking like the biggest snow month of the season at the shore. Hard to believe in just a couple months we will be down on the beach!!

This reminds me of the first several hours of the Feb 5 2010 storm. We got 12" of heavy wet snow that crushed our infrastructure, followed by another 10" fluffier snow and wind. I doubt we get to those numbers but 8" is possible I suppose.

Yea looking at the radar and what is currently on the ground I was going with 6-8" right along the coastal communities in Cape May County most of that 6-8" on grass with 2-4 on paved surfaces 

I drove through that super band near the MD DE line. 2 inch per hour rates. Amazing difference between my house and about 6-7 miles east of here. Go from an inch to 4 inches real quick. Central and southern DE jackpot. Here is a pic I took driving earlier-

post-1005-0-82069300-1395796727_thumb.jp

Archived