12bet1 net
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the contradiction? I think 4" is the

most we may see. I see so many times the

models get hugged to death with no contemplation of the time of year. Just making an observation. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. But I have also been right this year also ;)

Your post suggested this gets suppressed by the PV but also that its mid march

Where is the contradiction? I think 4" is the

most we may see. I see so many times the

models get hugged to death with no contemplation of the time of year. Just making an observation. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. But I have also been right this year also ;)

If you're going to make a statement like that at least back it up with some sort of scientific knowledge. Otherwise it's just banter.

If you're going to make a statement like that at least back it up with some sort of scientific knowledge. Otherwise it's just banter.

This obvious trend today has been much less energy left behind and more consolidates system aided by an almost ideal and strength location of the PV in canada. UKMET looking the GGEM is very encouraging as well yanks

And hugging models roughly 80 hours out in mid March is a form of banter also to a certain extant. I made an observation based on what knowledge I have and 40+ years of living where we do. Some may not think that's worth anything and that's fine. I think I will just sit back and watch this unfold. If you guys are right I will be the first to congratulate you.

It's well east. The Pacific system gives a boot. We can't have energy hang back SW too long.

The pacific storms will always have an adverse effect on the east coast hieght rises. Thats been the killer for alot of the potential big snowstorms on the EC this year. That crashes into the west coast it will more than likely flatten out the hieghts along the EC

To put things into perspective...

Below is the frequency of various snowstorms after 3/15 in New York City (1950-2013):

4" or more: 14 (once every 4.6 years)

6" or more: 6 (once every 10.7 years)

8" or more: 4 (once every 16.0 years)

10" or more: 2 (once every 32.0 years)

Most recent:

4" or more: 3/16/2007 5.5"

6" or more: 3/19/1992 6.2"

8" or more: 4/6/1982 9.6"

10" or more: 3/20-21/1958 11.8"

Archived