Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a couple hours the Euro will allay our fears, and we'll wonder why we ever worried.

Everyone likes to take the latest model verbatim, I would be more confident whether it showed snow or not taking the euro that has been consistent for nearly 6 straight runs rather than a " trending" model... Once I see the consistent model begin to waver then I'll begin to draw a different opinion

The Euro would have to shift 200 miles for it to be in the GFS range lol.. As long as its a nudge E I'm ok with it.

I really think the euro is gonna hold.. Not cause I want it to but because it's been so unwavered, we've seen this many times with early season storms, a perfect example is the October 2011 storm, euro had this storm for almost a week before any other model even hinted at it... Never changed, everyone was throwing it out until about 24 hrs before event every model caught on to the deeper negative trough that pulled the low west and up the coast

I really think the euro is gonna hold.. Not cause I want it to but because it's been so unwavered, we've seen this many times with early season storms, a perfect example is the October 2011 storm, euro had this storm for almost a week before any other model even hinted at it... Never changed, everyone was throwing it out until about 24 hrs before event every model caught on to the deeper negative trough that pulled the low west and up the coast

0z GFS in regards to precip amount didn't change much for us from 18z. Only thing different was it was colder throughout for the coast & a nudge east. 

The Euro would have to shift 200 miles for it to be in the GFS range lol.. As long as its a nudge E I'm ok with it.

The euro ensembles cluster outside obx and ac very similar to the gfs to your south.

The euro 12z op and the 0z gfs are about 100 miles apart at our latitude

But only about 50 mile difference between the gfs and Euro ensemble mean.

They are a little closer than you think .

0z GFS in regards to precip amount didn't change much for us from 18z. Only thing different was it was colder throughout for the coast & a nudge east. 

The best dynamics were definitely shunted east, and even diminished somewhat within the developing commahead. 700 mb VVs at 00z:

aKoj05s.gif

vs. 18z:

i1JP6r8.gif

No big deal though. I'm confident in something better than the GFS shows, and if not... hey, two accumulating snowfalls before Thanksgiving is never a bad thing.

The best dynamics were definitely shunted east, and even diminished somewhat within the developing commahead. 700 mb VVs at 00z:

No big deal though. I'm confident in something better than the GFS shows, and if not... hey, two accumulating snowfalls before Thanksgiving is never a bad thing.

The truth..  I can see a blend of the 0z GFS & 12z Euro...

Welcome back...nice to see another NE PA representative. I'm the one with the house in Lake Como.

Definitely prefer an ECM solution rather than the GFS up there.

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's been awhile since I posted. I remember us discussing Wayne county quite well, truly another planet up there in Nepa, latitude, elevation , just a crazy micro climate there in spots. All of Nepa for that matter.

Yes, will be interesting to see what tomorrow's runs do.

Archived