Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some guy on the other thread said this looks to be a "North of Albany" snowstorm lmao... Ohhhh boyyy, that's why I stay in here lol

I have a feeling thats the old Noreaster27.. If thats the case then just ignore him. If you are on the west side of the hudson valley the potential is there for a crippling snowstorm per the euro. Factor in a major holiday and thats a recipe for a disaster.

I have a feeling thats the old Noreaster27.. If thats the case then just ignore him. If you are on the west side of the hudson valley the potential is there for a crippling snowstorm per the euro. Factor in a major holiday and thats a recipe for a disaster.

I'm very excited to see how the politics of this storm plays out with the travel... Personality meteorologist like tv mets are catious on they're predicitons on a normal day let alone the biggest 48 hour travel period of the year

Heh i just posted "sup noreaster" before i saw this lol

Boston's AFD:

WITH A PROGRESSIVE FLOW-PATTERN AND
LACK OF A CLOSED LOW ABOVE H7...MUCH OF THE EMPHASIS IS WITH THE
ANTI-CYCLONIC BRANCH OF THE WCB. NEVERTHELESS A FRONT-END THUMP IS
ANTICIPATED WITH SLANTWISE ASCENT / FORCING PER FRONTOGENESIS NW OF
H85 LOW EXTENDED E...ALONG WITH INDICATIONS OF WEAK TROWALING TOWARD
THE NW-QUADRANT OF THE LOW. BENEATH ENHANCED ASCENT PER MID-LEVEL
IMPULSE AND RRQ OF THE UPPER-LEVEL-JET...STRONG DEEP-LAYER LIFT
THROUGH MOIST DENDRITIC ZONES SHOULD YIELD A SW-NE BAND SIGNATURE
ACROSS S NEW ENGLAND...THOUGH WHERE EXACTLY REMAINS UNCERTAIN AS IS
THE EXACT TRACK AS WELL AS THE DEPTH / STRENGTH OF THE STORM.

Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

The only ones who were expecting an eastward shift or for the GFS to hold in place are those on the coast. I think its safe to say the Euro has the right idea. NAM went from partly cloudy skies to advisory level snows in 6 hrs lol.. I guess we know the king is back huh

The 18z NAM has 6.1" thru 84 hours for KSWF. We'll see what the 00z run shows a little later.

29 pages of banter 3+ days out on that main thread... A lot of people on here could learn a thing or 2 from NYCmetro blog... They're pretty much all city guys but the banter is damn near non existent and usually high quality posts.... I like posting in here cause everyone can relate as we're all in the same area, so bickering is non existent

Archived