joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from gym. snywx, whats the time frame look to be, I'm too lazy to go look right now, I heard as early as 1pm sunday on the euro? I hate these overnighters, I'm hoping we see good snows into Monday

Its looking to be a long duration event. Sometime Sunday afternoon/evening into Monday midday possibly.

I honestly don't know how or why you bother but thats just me. Like i said earlier, looks like a fun weekend for sure.

Never give up... I'll fight the good fight till they ban me.. I concider my posts in there to be pretty un-bias and I rarely if ever mention my location in relation to the "southern" folks let alone try and run it in like they do lol all children

Forky has a great point in the main thread, I don't recall a SWFE ever trending back south this close the event either.

Yeah unless the models are over amplifying the northern stream trough and vortmax this isn't going back south. Luckily confluent flow  along the jet entrance region to the north will keep this from running into the SNE. There's going to be some nice dynamics aloft with this event.. wouldn't be surprised to see some impressive banding develop.

Something to keep an eye on. If I got over to a mix bag after a decent thump, so be it.

You know, as much as I do not like taint, sometimes a nice thin coating of ice on top of deep snow helps to preserve snowpack longer. Just a thought. At 500, shoudn't winds be out of the ENE with projected track? If so, warmth should be limited.

Just my opinion, but I really don't see anything in the upper levels of the GFS nam or euro that suggest anything other than snow north of NYC

Still early in the game.. Ive seen this movie before and feel the north trend isn't done quite yet. It has a long way to go before it even puts us in jeopardy of taint. We may actually benefit from another slight shift northward.

Still early in the game.. Ive seen this movie before and feel the north trend isn't done quite yet. It has a long way to go before it even puts us in jeopardy of taint. We may actually benefit from another slight shift northward.

Yes, would love to be in a position where the taint goes as far as HPN, leaving us in the heaviest snow axis.

Archived