amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from watching a friend play a gig, 2-3 foot snowbanks along 211 and 416 along the open fields. NYSDOT out there now pushing the banks back as far as they can from the road. I blasted through a couple 6" drifts right across the park road here. Down to 10 degrees with the wind still blowing despite the advisory being dropped. Deep deep deep winter out there fellas and you're saying there's more to come...bring it.

Man, the SREF's suck. I don't even know why I look at them, they change dramatically every 6 hours it seems. In any event, the most recent run definitely shows an increased chance of mixing in our area after a front end thump of snow. It seemed like the north trend had mostly stopped, but we'll see what happens with the 12z runs.

The 4k nam confuses me.. It has snow arriving between 39-42hr, and completely out before hr 51

These SWFE's always move in and out faster than modeled. I think we get a 6-8 hour period of moderate to occasionally heavy snow before it quickly shuts down. I'm not sure the coastal will get going in time to throw any meaningful snow back our way.

Archived