Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing the RGEM north like the NAM is not a good sign. Im quite convinced now that many in this sub forum see a period of sleet.

My first call

Morristown-Paterson-White Plains - 6"

West Milford- Peekskill- Danbury - 8"

Sussex - Chester- Newburgh - 10"

North of 84 - 12"+

I'm gonna make the same call but 2" less for each

Just gotta a bad feeling about tht mix line

I just don't like the trends.. EVERY run has come North, if the GGEM and euro still hold serve I'll feel better but as of now I think 84 is the battle ground

sampling going into 00z runs tonight should have a better handle on how much energy gets injected from the southwest trough and subsequent amplification. Either way jet dynamics look nice for rapid intensification as the sfc low tracks near/south of LI.

I'm glad to see this things slowed down, atleast it won't be an overnight special anymore, looks to be heaviest snows in time for morning commute into the day

All storm tracks are all nearly the same except for the UK model. 

Cold is deep. I am sitting at 11 F.

I would be shocked and wont post for a week if the low jumps 50 miles north on the 0 z runs.

Only question is does in shift 50 mile south imop

I would be shocked and wont post for a week if the low jumps 50 miles north on the 0 z runs.

I would be happy with 6" to be honest... It seems we have a model run or 2 that show big snows and the. We're let down when we don't get 12"+

You're daring it, aren't you?? :)

sampling going into 00z runs tonight should have a better handle on how much energy gets injected from the southwest trough and subsequent amplification. Either way jet dynamics look nice for rapid intensification as the sfc low tracks near/south of LI.

Assuming no significant further changes, you should be at or above your seasonal snowfall total for 2 of the last 3 years within the first few days of February. 

Assuming no significant further changes, you should be at or above your seasonal snowfall total for 2 of the last 3 years within the first few days of February. 

Yeah, with the early season events it's easy to forget that we're still above normal for the year. At this point I'm hoping for a south trend with tonights suite just as much as you.

I see some New England mets posting RPM model runs on twitter and they are noose-worthy for just about everyone south of Albany. Basically 3-6" for most of the region. I'm not sure how great of a model it is (I believe it's a version of the WRF model that WSI runs hourly), but I will say that it consistently showed our area getting shut out of any meaningful snow on Monday night. Not that 3-6" is bad, but when the forecast is 10-14" and we are just coming off of the blizzard disaster, that would be a tough pill to swallow.

I see some New England mets posting RPM model runs on twitter and they are noose-worthy for just about everyone south of Albany. Basically 3-6" for most of the region. I'm not sure how great of a model it is (I believe it's a version of the WRF model that WSI runs hourly), but I will say that it consistently showed our area getting shut out of any meaningful snow on Monday night. Not that 3-6" is bad, but when the forecast is 10-14" and we are just coming off of the blizzard disaster, that would be a tough pill to swallow.

look anything other than 10 inches in your back yard is a  bust

Archived