MDZ001-OHZ039>041-048>050-057>059-068-069-PAZ007>009-013>016-

020>023-029-031-073>076-WVZ001>004-012-021>023-041-172330-

GARRETT-TUSCARAWAS-CARROLL-COLUMBIANA-COSHOCTON-HARRISON-

JEFFERSON OH-MUSKINGUM-GUERNSEY-BELMONT-NOBLE-MONROE-MERCER-

VENANGO-FOREST-LAWRENCE-BUTLER-CLARION-JEFFERSON PA-BEAVER-

ALLEGHENY-ARMSTRONG-INDIANA-WASHINGTON-GREENE-WESTMORELAND-

WESTMORELAND RIDGES-FAYETTE-FAYETTE RIDGES-HANCOCK-BROOKE-OHIO-

MARSHALL-WETZEL-MARION-MONONGALIA-PRESTON-TUCKER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OAKLAND MD...NEW PHILADELPHIA...

CARROLLTON...SALEM...COSHOCTON...CADIZ...STEUBENVILLE...

ZANESVILLE...CAMBRIDGE...ST. CLAIRSVILLE...CALDWELL...

WOODSFIELD...GROVE CITY...FRANKLIN...TIONESTA...NEW CASTLE...

BUTLER...CLARION...BROOKVILLE...BEAVER...PITTSBURGH METRO AREA...

KITTANNING...INDIANA...WASHINGTON...WAYNESBURG...GREENSBURG...

LATROBE...LIGONIER...DONEGAL...UNIONTOWN...CHAMPION...OHIOPYLE...

WEIRTON...BETHANY...WHEELING...MOUNDSVILLE...NEW MARTINSVILLE...

FAIRMONT...MORGANTOWN...KINGWOOD...PARSONS

1017 AM EST MON NOV 17 2014

...FLASH FREEZE CONDITIONS ARE LIKELY BY EVENING..

ALTHOUGH RAIN AND SNOW WILL TAPER OFF AS THE DAY PROGRESSES...VERY COLD

AIR WILL MOVE OVER THE REGION BY THIS EVENING. THIS INFLUX OF COLD

WILL CHANGE RESIDUAL WATER ON ROADS TO ICE...INITIALLY ON BRIDGES

AND OVERPASSES. WIND CHILL INDICES ARE PROJECTED TO BE IN THE

SINGLE DIGITS BY LATE EVENING...AND BELOW ZERO BY DAYBREAK

TUESDAY.

MOTORISTS AND PEDESTRIANS ARE ADVISED TO PREPARE FOR MUCH COLDER

WEATHER AND TO ALLOW MORE TRAVEL TIME THIS EVENING.

$$

The system played out as I feared it would, with hours of rain ending as snow grains.

Hope for the best.......... 

Mabey it's just selective memory, but these types of systems seem to be more and more common.

I remember in the past, we would have rain to snow, but still manage a decent 1 or 2 inches.

The system played out as I feared it would, with hours of rain ending as snow grains.

Hope for the best..........

Mabey it's just selective memory, but these types of systems seem to be more and more common.

I remember in the past, we would have rain to snow, but still manage a decent 1 or 2 inches.

Heres the RAP from a system last year that ended up doing exactly the same as this one exept I think we sneaked an inch out.

47BFDEB7-CF15-4628-AB80-FF14DA0C5188_zps

SXUS71 KPBZ 182242

RERPIT

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA

540 PM EST TUE NOV 18 2014

...RECORD COLD HIGH AND COLD MEAN TEMPERATURES AT PITTSBURGH...

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT PITTSBURGH TODAY WAS 21. THIS IS A RECORD

COLD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR THE DATE. THE RECORD WAS 28 FROM 1959.

THE LOW TEMPERATURE TODAY WAS 14. THIS DID NOT BREAK THE RECORD LOW

FOR THE DATE WHICH IS 8 FROM 1959.

THE MEAN TEMPERATURE WAS 18 WHICH TIED THE RECORD COLD MEAN

TEMPERATURE FOR THE DATE...ALSO SET IN 1959.

Buffalo over 100 inches of snow in last 4 days..That is insane,that 95 that takes u from Erie to buf then niagra is hell when there is lake affect,we drove thru there 2o times to go to niagra canada side gambling.People on this forum that love snow would be on here rooting for a storm to miss,,lol. Have a good day

Buffalo over 100 inches of snow in last 4 days..That is insane,that 95 that takes u from Erie to buf then niagra is hell when there is lake affect,we drove thru there 2o times to go to niagra canada side gambling.People on this forum that love snow would be on here rooting for a storm to miss,,lol. Have a good day

Love snow, but I really never root for a storm and what is happening up there is the reason why. Imagine if that happened here? We would have hundreds if not thousands dead. Just not worth it.

I love following the weather and tracking it, but what we get is what we get. I can never root for us to get bombed. Cause we just aren't use to it. They are and they are having major issues.

They are worried now about houses and buildings collapsing with snow weight on them.

Love snow, but I really never root for a storm and what is happening up there is the reason why. Imagine if that happened here? We would have hundreds if not thousands dead. Just not worth it.

I love following the weather and tracking it, but what we get is what we get. I can never root for us to get bombed. Cause we just aren't use to it. They are and they are having major issues.

They are worried now about houses and buildings collapsing with snow weight on them.

I don't think anybody roots for what they are getting. We talk around here about getting 6 inches or a foot if we're lucky. Not 6 feet. What we got in 2010 I enjoyed. I picked up 20" from that one and got a day off of work. As a weather enthusiast, you enjoy things like that because you don't know the next time you'll see something like that. Especially in this area where we routinely miss out.

It would quite literally be impossible for us to get 8 feet of snow.

I don't think anybody roots for what they are getting. We talk around here about getting 6 inches or a foot if we're lucky. Not 6 feet. What we got in 2010 I enjoyed. I picked up 20" from that one and got a day off of work. As a weather enthusiast, you enjoy things like that because you don't know the next time you'll see something like that. Especially in this area where we routinely miss out.

My feeling is that with a run of the mill snowstorm around here, people have to be pretty dumb to get hurt in it. It's why I have no problem rooting for a foot of snow.

Now what I don't understand is when people want a hurricane to impact them directly, or tornadoes in their area..those are things that can kill you much easier.

I agree 100%!!!!

Archived