joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/ Western PA Part III

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From DT - Wxrisk

For the western portions of the Appalachians as well as the Ohio Valley this system on November 17 and 18 had a good chance to bring that area significant early season snowfall---- this could be for Western PA much of OH maybe far nw WVA ,much of IND and perhaps Northern KY and southeast ILL.

Yea Im getting pumped to see you all again too....our favorite time of the year is almost upon us!...My daughter's bus driver is Bob Kudzma!!....lol  how about that?....I asked him today if he did his winter forecast yet and he laughed just saying "the worst ever, of course"...haha....anyway-last year was cold and the nickel and dimes put us over in snowfall but Id sure like to see a winter Philly had last year!! :snowwindow:  :snowing:

I'd go with the Para, its due to replace the old GFS in December I believe. (I'd say the same thing if it were the other way around too, there must be a reason the Para will replace the current GFS.)

Getting a light snow shower \ flurries in Greensburg ATM. Air has that cold crisp winter smell to it. It really feels like a mid Dec day not mid Nov.

12z Gfs says what storm
CFF67B30-30B5-42C1-AA39-5EEBBB4C1687_zps

Para is still on board
D5C70CAC-AC19-46F1-97A2-CD7DDACF0FEC_zps

Looks pretty close to the para GFS. Looks just a hair to far NW to really bullseye everyone but not bad for mid Nov. I'm excited to see how the new GFS upgrade goes and how it compares to the Euro this winter.

even this close I am not gonna get too hung up on snow maps. We all know how reliable they are. Just happy that we are gonna see some accumulating snow.

Archived