• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

May help drop temps down some into the system as the cold air moves in tomorrow (for those of us with snowcover).   Other than that probably not much at all.

Sorry...my bad, I was kidding. :)

I don't think the NAM will blink much. Maybe a hair south.

Shocker.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a geos special...he needs 8 to 10 :snowman:

Haha. I could get it, but I don't need it.  :P

Dump it on ORD, they need get to/break the 80" mark! and DTW, they need to break the 90" mark!

Still haven't gotten used to the time change and the times the models come out. 

Haha. I could get it, but I don't need it.  :P

Dump it on ORD, they need get to/break the 80" mark! and DTW, they need to break the 90" mark!

Still haven't gotten used to the time change and the times the models come out.

Hey Geos! It looks like you got missed a lot this winter? I got about double what you had over here on the other side of the lake. I measured 145 inches for the winter.

Hey Geos! It looks like you got missed a lot this winter? I got about double what you had over here on the other side of the lake. I measured 145 inches for the winter.

A lot of grazes and misses to the south. You go 20 miles north to Racine and they've only had about 66".

Nice to see you stop in.

lol @ geos and his schwaggy 80" winter

:) How much did you guys get in the Chicago area? I have friends who went there over the weekend and were surprised that there was like only an inch or two left.

A lot of grazes and misses to the south. You go 20 miles north to Racine and they've only had about 66".

Nice to see you stop in.

Thanks. I had friends go to Madison this weekend and they said there was barely any snow there.

There was so much wind this winter I didn't measure as often as I normally would have.  I would say you have me beat by about 25 - 30 inches.  100+ is nothing to scoff at though and I am not complaining at all with my snow totals for the year.

There was so much wind this winter I didn't measure as often as I normally would have.  I would say you have me beat by about 25 - 30 inches.  100+ is nothing to scoff at though and I am not complaining at all with my snow totals for the year.

Nice...with temps mostly getting cold again and the possibility of more snow, we will probably make it through the month of March with a snowpack here.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some t-snow reports across parts of the region given the svr params across the ohio valley. Pretty impressive Sfc-500mb shear(90kts core at hr 45) coupled with some SB/MU cape values south of the cold air.

namUS_con_mucape_039.gif

Mid level lapse rates are pretty meager though. But also, Strong lift as the two waves phase with over 200 meter height falls across Indiana will lead to some pretty good rates. Definitely can't rule it out.

Archived