• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man you've moved into spring mode along with Joe.

Not really, but it's March and things get more dicey after mid month. It does look stormy overall and I don't see Spring wx at all, but I'm also smart enough to understand its not worth weenieing out over snow chances unless it's a lock. On the other hand, Joe is crazy.

Not really, but it's March and things get more dicey after mid month. It does look stormy overall and I don't see Spring wx at all, but I'm also smart enough to understand its not worth weenieing out over snow chances unless it's a lock. On the other hand, Joe is crazy.

Well I guess..but seeing you posting about enjoying 50's in your area in March and congrats to NNE but no mention of anywhere else tells me you're ready to move twds spring..If we had a warm pattern coming, I might join you..but since there's nothing warm thru early April..may as well keep winter as long as we can

Well I guess..but seeing you posting about enjoying 50's in your area in March and congrats to NNE but no mention of anywhere else tells me you're ready to move twds spring..If we had a warm pattern coming, I might join you..but since there's nothing warm thru early April..may as well keep winter as long as we can

Well I never said I was enjoying it and there isn't anything wrong when picking NNE as looking the best, when both climo and models suggest it. I never said we weren't having any snow chances. In fact, the day 8-10 deal is something to watch. All I said is that you sort of take a different approach to snow chances after mid month. I'm not sure what else to say and I think most agree. The pattern does support late season chances, but support an actuality aren't the same as we all know.

Well I never said I was enjoying it and there isn't anything wrong when picking NNE as looking the best, when both climo and models suggest it. I never said we weren't having any snow chances. In fact, the day 8-10 deal is something to watch. All I said is that you sort of take a different approach to snow chances after mid month. I'm not sure what else to say and I think most agree. The pattern does support late season chances, but support an actuality aren't the same as we all know.

The 8-10 day deal would be a pretty grandiose end to winter if it verified. Kev there's your hope for you.

This is why we don't punt winter in NNE at the end of Feb, especially when you are 5" below normal.

lol...must be talking about BTV, as they are the only station below normal east of the mighty Mississippi. I wish we were only 5" below, but doesn't matter at this point, mountain is in good shape. Average max depth at the COOP is 88" on Mansfield, we are at 62", hopefully this is the start of a run to get us up there to the upper 80s.

I think the GFS will nudge closer to the Euro at 12z.

Why does this remind me so much of the Miller A in February?  Started great, with a perfect SNE/ENE comma crush job, and eased west with each run till we ended with rain.  Weird how this one has followed pretty much the same pattern so far...

Still looking like a looooong 4 days for us CNE and SNE'ers.

I do, I have liked this one all along, If the euro would be correct i would taint some but would also get a healthy dump of snow as well

You have been pumped for this one.  Good luck up there!

There were a bunch of folks from CT driving through town on their way from VT with their sleds yesterday.  I was thinking that you would not approve--writing things off a little too early for up there.

Good synopsis by BOX

WEDNESDAY-THURSDAY... WEAK HIGH PRESSURE MOVES OFFSHORE BY WEDNESDAY
MORNING. MODELS AGREE ON LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPS OVER THE CENTRAL
PLAINS TUESDAY AND TRAVELLING EAST ALONG THE STALLED FRONT TO THE
MID ATLANTIC COAST BY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON OR EVENING. ALL MODELS
BRING THE TRACK OF THE LOW JUST SOUTH OF THE NEW ENGLAND COAST. BUT
THERE ARE QUESTIONS ON TIMING. THE GGEM IS FASTEST...BRINGING THE
LOW PAST NANTUCKET BY WEDNESDAY EVENING. THE GFS IS ABOUT 4-6 HOURS
SLOWER...THE ECMWF ANOTHER 6 HOURS SLOWER WITH PASSAGE AT THE START
OF THURSDAY.

MODEL ISENTROPIC LIFT REACHES PA/NJ BY 12Z WEDNESDAY AND THEN SPREAD
NORTHEAST ACROSS NEW ENGLAND. THIS WOULD INDICATE A WEDNESDAY
MORNING START TIME. WE FORECAST INCREASING POPS AT THAT TIME.
TEMPERATURE FIELDS SUPPORT INITIAL RAIN SOUTH OF THE MASS PIKE AND
SNOW TO THE NORTH. EVENTUALLY TEMPS COOL DOWN AND ALLOW SNOW ALL
AREAS...WITH POTENTIAL FOR SEVERAL INCHES ACCUMULATION. THE FASTEST
SOLUTION WOULD END PCPN BY THURSDAY MORNING...THE SLOWEST WOULD END
PCPN BY THURSDAY EVENING.

ONE COMPONENT...THE SHORTWAVE OVER THE NORTH PACIFIC...IS STILL FAR
FROM LAND AND WILL REMAIN SO FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER 24 HOURS. SO
CONFIDENCE IN THE DETAILS OF THE STORM REMAIN LOW. BUT MODELS HAVE
BEEN CONSISTANT IN ADVERTISING STORMINESS FOR WEDNESDAY-
THURSDAY...SO CONFIDENCE IN POPS IS INCREASED FROM PREVIOUS
FORECASTS. WILL INDICATE HIGH-END LIKELY POPS DURING THE HEIGHT OF
THE STORM AND MAINTAINING CHANCE POPS THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING IN
RECOGNITION OF THE SLOWER ECMWF SOLUTION.

COLDER AIR IS DRAWN INTO NEW ENGLAND THURSDAY NIGHT AS THE UPPER
TROUGH AND COLD POOL MOVE OVERHEAD. EXPECT A RETURN TO MUCH COLDER
THAN NORMAL TEMPS FOR THURSDAY NIGHT.

You have been pumped for this one.  Good luck up there!

There were a bunch of folks from CT driving through town on their way from VT with their sleds yesterday.  I was thinking that you would not approve--writing things off a little too early for up there.

Yeah, Thanks,  I put on 133 miles yesterday up here, Trails were great in the foothills, Went up the top of Streaked Mountain and had a great view of Mt Washington up their, First time in a while i am able to ride from the door yard in march

Archived