Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Much Colder Than Normal March Pattern Continues

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just something to watch. I'm here so I don't mind doing the PBP. The system is actually not that far out when you consider that the players will be on the field in another day or two.

It's hard to imagine the players being on the field in a day or 2....I severely doubt it. But I appreciate the pbp while I'm at work and not looking at any models.

Some sort of crazy interaction happens beyond hour 186 between the negatively tilted northern stream short wave over the lakes and the departing coastal. Floods the coast with warm air and spits out heavy rain from the gulf to the LHV with a nasty ice storm for almost all of Western New England. Looks like we'll at least have something to track.

Haha I know more than you give me credit for.

All of us here are weather weenies to some degree or another. Thanks for your efforts with the play by

plays. Hopefully, going forward we can pick up several more inches of snow to close in on the all time

NYC Central Park snowfall record.

Their is a banter thread ya know.

His posts are always hilarious, even though they are a bit 'deep' and confounding --- even senseless at times.

Given their infrequent nature and entertainment value, I feel mulen should have some latitude...especially when the next real storm is like 165 hours away...

Unless we get some miracle blizzard to end this winter, I do not want it to break the '95-'96 record.  The big, memorable winters in the Mid-Atlantic ('95-'96, '02-'03, '09-'10, '10-'11) all had at least one memorable and historic storm.  This winter does not deserve to take down records without such a storm.

This winter will be remembered - at least to me - as a disappointment, in part because we have had many of the ingredients for a historic storm and their failure to come together.  That may aggravate some people on here (though this post is not intended to do that), but it's just my two cents.

Unless we get some miracle blizzard to end this winter, I do not want it to break the '95-'96 record. The big, memorable winters in the Mid-Atlantic ('95-'96, '02-'03, '09-'10, '10-'11) all had at least one memorable and historic storm. This winter does not deserve to take down records without such a storm.

This winter will be remembered - at least to me - as a disappointment, in part because we have had many of the ingredients for a historic storm and their failure to come together. That may aggravate some people on here (though this post is not intended to do that), but it's just my two cents.

If this winter's a disappointment to you then...well I don't know what to tell you

If this winter's a disappointment to you then...well I don't know what to tell you

It's really sad and pathetic for people to feel that way when you have a top 5-10 winter with the ability to rank even higher. I guess people like that loved winters like 2005-2006, which featured one huge miracle storm in an otherwise sub-par winter. 

Unless we get some miracle blizzard to end this winter, I do not want it to break the '95-'96 record. The big, memorable winters in the Mid-Atlantic ('95-'96, '02-'03, '09-'10, '10-'11) all had at least one memorable and historic storm. This winter does not deserve to take down records without such a storm.

This winter will be remembered - at least to me - as a disappointment, in part because we have had many of the ingredients for a historic storm and their failure to come together. That may aggravate some people on here (though this post is not intended to do that), but it's just my two cents.

Pretty ridiculous...but obviously you are entitled to your opinion no matter how ridiculous it may be. :)

This system has cutter written all over it I'm really surprised at the solution to be quite honest.

You're right it will be a cutter, it'll cut and transfer like others have said. If you mean a pure lake cutter or something like that then hell no. 

MJO and a +PNA strongly supports an east coast storm and that's all I need to go off of. We could see storm threats well into March if the MJO moves through the 8-2 phases. I think this could be one of the best March's in a while when it comes to snow and storm threats. 

Unless we get some miracle blizzard to end this winter, I do not want it to break the '95-'96 record.  The big, memorable winters in the Mid-Atlantic ('95-'96, '02-'03, '09-'10, '10-'11) all had at least one memorable and historic storm.  This winter does not deserve to take down records without such a storm.

This winter will be remembered - at least to me - as a disappointment, in part because we have had many of the ingredients for a historic storm and their failure to come together.  That may aggravate some people on here (though this post is not intended to do that), but it's just my two cents.

Agreed. a lot of small to mid-size events, just like 94. But it was a fun ride, just like 94.

You're right it will be a cutter, it'll cut and transfer like others have said. If you mean a pure lake cutter or something like that then hell no. 

MJO and a +PNA strongly supports an east coast storm and that's all I need to go off of. We could see storm threats well into March if the MJO moves through the 8-2 phases. I think this could be one of the best March's in a while when it comes to snow and storm threats. 

biggest concern to me regardless of teleconnectors is a poor antecedent air mass/ retreating HP. not the setup you want in winter let alone in march

Archived