• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/15 Snow threat

SnowGoose69

Looking at the trends of how powerful this storm becomes. Its going to be plenty cold and if the LP and precip shield shifts 50-75 miles we'd probably be talking QPF numbers cumulative around 1.5-1.75" from what i can see

I think that might be a little high brother .This would be another higher ratio event so we wouldn't need as much qpf to get nice totals

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the trends of how powerful this storm becomes. Its going to be plenty cold and if the LP and precip shield shifts 50-75 miles we'd probably be talking QPF numbers cumulative around 1.5-1.75" from what i can see

I still think this is probably run of the mill but a nice 3 to 5 inch type event here. The trough needs to sharpen and go neg tilt faster and the vorts need to phase faster. It will be a great storm for someone but I would say odds are it isn't us.

You have such an aura of confidence right now. I am hypothesizing that something "euphoric" in nature happened to you just recently? :)

But it would be such an irony if coastal sections somehow would get more snow than what we had accumulated this morning from this "Superstorm 1993 redux." :P

Upton says model trends today have been further south with this storm and so most of the precip end up south of the cwa. They say it looks like .01-.04 of precip so there forecasting a couple of inches. ...

Deleted my enthusiastic comment. Decided its best to let other experienced people like jm1220, PB GFI do the PbP. I tried but my experience in doing it properly isnt up to standard yet. I will therefore curb my enthusiasm and see the models tommorow. Hope this does trend our way my coastal peeps, the backend of tonights storm blew chunks :lol:

Deleted my enthusiastic comment. Decided its best to let other experienced people like jm1220, PB GFI do the PbP. I tried but my experience in doing it properly isnt up to standard yet. I will therefore curb my enthusiasm and see the models tommorow. Hope this does trend our way my coastal peeps, the backend of tonights storm blew chunks :lol:

Never want to dissuade you from being enthusiastic  brother .Just coming from experience would rather you look at the take the conservative  view of weather , its like golf you have a great round and  you think you`re ready for the tour . The next day you`re breaking clubs.  Thank god I  don`t make my living doing this . Not easy

I don't know, perhaps the enthusiasm is warranted. I really like this threat and the rather substantial run to run trending under 48 hrs is very notable. My suspicions for many of these past storms have proven correct.

I paid close attention to the storm near MLK day when most had given up on it or not even acknowledged it. I liked the Monday storm were we got like 8-9" after the Super Bowl, but I didn't like the storm prior to the Super Bowl though and that turned out to be a good suspicion. I was not a fan of the CCB and I feared the warming and placement of it, which is turning out to be correct. I really want to see where tonight's runs go and if the trend continues before I really honk on this storm. 

We don't want more digging unless the pieces of energy can phase faster, round the corner of the trough and force development closer to the coast. It actually could hurt us because the lift will be transferred quicker to the way offshore coastal low and what initial overrunning type snow for us will disappear. If trends like this continue, it may not be much of an event for us at all. Digging doesn't automatically mean better outcome if the trough is very progressive and slow to turn the corner. It just means a stronger storm out to sea.

fwiw, the gfs, euro and ggem all like "LOVE" Tuesday now... edited by Mikehobbyst

Major CAD

Looks like 3-6 away from the coast and 2-4 on the coast, before changing to drizzle at the end.  This seems to be trans to milder 36-40 degree days for the end of the week.  It will feel warm.  Looks like we spend 12 hours near 45/45 to do damage to some of the snowpack by next weekend.  We'll probably not see any grass until 3/20 - 4/1 and being serious as 3/1-3/15 look very cold with barely to freezing for highs with MJO in phase 8/1 and Greenland Block and - NAO showing up on some models.

Looks like 3-6 away from the coast and 2-4 on the coast, before changing to drizzle at the end.  This seems to be trans to milder 36-40 degree days for the end of the week.  It will feel warm.  Looks like we spend 12 hours near 45/45 to do damage to some of the snowpack by next weekend.  We'll probably not see any grass until 3/20 - 4/1 and being serious as 3/1-3/15 look very cold with barely to freezing for highs with MJO in phase 8/1 and Greenland Block and - NAO showing up on some models.

Big time reload on the models. Late feb and early march looks fantastic for more noreasters

Archived