Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/15 Snow threat

SnowGoose69

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has "light event that was a tick away from a blizzard" written all over it. Watch that classic CCB on the BOX radar while we're ripping cirrus.

Still not complaining. Few inches, refresh the pack.

Rub it in john thats right :lol: not giving up on this one today, like i said to my way-less educated eyes than yours 6z and 0z GFS werent too far off from maybe not a blizzard but something more noteworthy than a light event. We still got todays models including or short range stuff so im not giving up on this being more than a light event till 0z tonight. However, the EURO which was the king with this past storm is still further east than the more wrapped gfs models from 0z/6z so i want to see the EURO 12z run today more importantly

Rub it in john thats right :lol: not giving up on this one today, like i said to my way-less educated eyes than yours 6z and 0z GFS werent too far off from maybe not a blizzard but something more noteworthy than a light event. We still got todays models including or short range stuff so im not giving up on this being more than a light event till 0z tonight. However, the EURO which was the king with this past storm is still further east than the more wrapped gfs models from 0z/6z so i want to see the EURO 12z run today more importantly

The GFS is likely more correct much as it was with the little clipper the euro was a hair too weak on because this is again a northern stream redeveloper as of now the QPF trends are matching dead on as they have all season with northern stream waves, GFS and RGEM similar and euro too dry.

It would make up for the missed CCB action from last night paul. Be nice if we can squeeze more out of this system. Its short range i know but to my "amatuer" eyes its not that far off

Nothing gona make up for 1.04  of liquid  in 60 minutes last nite at LGA  with a 32 degree surface and plus (  4 at 850 . )

The center road the shore and never jumped E .

Hey it happens , cant win em all , but you should always try too .

Nothing gona make up for 1.04 of liquid in 60 minutes last nite at LGA with a 32 degree surface and plus ( 4 at 850 . )

The center road the shore and never jumped E .

Hey it happens , cant win em all , but you should always try too .

Very true, you try to win them all but in the end mother nature decides. My wishcasting of QPF last night showed that i have plenty of maturity left to do when it comes to this stuff. I try to actively participate with constructive input but sometimes i do make mistakes, however you learn from them and make sure it doesnt happen again. That said, im still not giving up on a more amplified system for tommorow, both 0z and especially 6z runs were encouraging. Patiently waiting for the 12z suite to start at 8:40 with the 12z NAM paul

I think there should be a lot more QPF on the west side of this system, especially given the 6z GFS depiction of the storm.

When i saw the 6z GFS run this morning i though the same thing as well. Kind of like what GFS did leading up to yesterdays storm in severely underdoing the precip on the west side of the storm. Not sure if it applies here but thats my thinking nzucker

Argues for a closer to the coast track:

sref_namer_036_mslp.gif

The wave spacing is really poor with the approaching shortwave from the west and confluence to the north initially:

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/AVN_6z/f42.gif

not arguing the facts BUT the initial low zips out so fast it allows for some favorable wavelength by early tomorrow....that initial low will be long gone.

I'm thinking this is generally a minor 2-3" event for most, maybe more in eastern Suffolk, good to refresh the snowpack after what melts today, that's about it. The digging I was mentioning yesterday will hurt us as the trough looks too progressive, and it will only enhance a storm that will blow up in time for Cape Cod but not us. The same process might destroy lift that we need for a heavier overrunning type snow here. There's still some time for this to change and the trough looks impressive, but I'm not excited for that big an event.

Archived