12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2/15 Snow threat

SnowGoose69

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might trend NW a little at the end-storms have all done that this winter, but this looks just a little too progressive for more than a run of the mill, advisory type event, and even that more east than west. Looks great for Cape Cod though and maybe Boston. We were overdue for a too late developer that crushes them.

This Just Doesn't Look Right! H5 is Great especially on the GFS, (which actually closed the H5 Low Off In the Mid Atlantic) But Absolutely No Moisture of the west side even with a storm at or near benchmark. The 6z GFS had a beautiful H5 and Track with a powerful low but barely any precip. Models seem to be suffering from convective feedback by bringing all the moisture into the center of the low

This Just Doesn't Look Right! H5 is Great especially on the GFS, (which actually closed the H5 Low Off In the Mid Atlantic) But Absolutely No Moisture of the west side even with a storm at or near benchmark. The 6z GFS had a beautiful H5 and Track with a powerful low but barely any precip. Models seem to be suffering from convective feedback by bringing all the moisture into the center of the low

I was saying this a few days ago, whenever you have such a dynamic system like what we saw yesterday it's very hard to have another so close behind it. The atmosphere needs time to reload.

At hour 31 the banding NW of the city literally collapses as the coastal takes over, shifting all of the snow offshore, or 90% of it.

Exactly what I'm concerned about. The overrunning snow and offshore coastal snow could form a nasty shaft zone where the lift between them sinks. The coastal way offshore will rob from the snow west of the city. That's why these awesome H500 depictions are worthless if they are too far offshore and organize way too late.

Exactly what I'm concerned about. The overrunning snow and offshore coastal snow could form a nasty shaft zone where the lift between them sinks. The coastal way offshore will rob from the snow west of the city. That's why these awesome H500 depictions are worthless if they are too far offshore and organize way too late.

That kicker is going to force things to develop too far offshore. Some of us would actually benefit from the coastal developing even later. That at least would allow NW areas to cash in more on the initial WAA snow.

Just To Point Out Cause I Find This Hillarious, Major Sleet Feast For Cape Cod Based On The NAM. 850Mb temps are above freezing Aswell as the surface while the 925mb is below freezing with heavy Qpf overhead

Well to be fair we had that last night here in CNJ and it just ended up as torrential rain.  Frozen layer wasn't thick enough.

This is painfully close to something MUCH bigger, particularly coast areas. Focusing more on the SREF/GFS here, it seems it's way too early to claim this is heading "out to sea". Latest SREF shows the mslp, about 50 miles east of the BM, however there is VERY signficant spread on its west side, and considerably more than it had on its previous (3z) run. This is something we saw preceding the last storm, leading up to the SREF correcting west, as did the more "east" models. Additionally, the GFS has a bias of being too far south and east with these systems, usually correcting north and west within 48 hours. I'd be  surpised to not see a track at or just slightly west of the BM.

Interior sections can probably write this off as a graze and some light snow. Coastal sections need to be vigilant...

This is painfully close to something MUCH bigger, particularly coast areas. Focusing more on the SREF/GFS here, it seems it's way too early to claim this is heading "out to sea". Latest SREF shows the mslp, about 50 miles east of the BM, however there is VERY signficant spread on its west side, and considerably more than it had on its previous (3z) run. This is something we saw preceding the last storm, leading up to the SREF correcting west, as did the more "east" models. Additionally, the GFS has a bias of being too far south and east with these systems, usually correcting north and west within 48 hours. I'd be  surpised to not see a track at or just slightly west of the BM.

Interior sections can probably write this off as a graze and some light snow. Coastal sections need to be vigilant...

The SREF is becoming pretty adamant about having one good band of snow over eastern PA and western NJ, and a pretty bad snow hole east of there because of the coastal robbing moisture and energy. Unless the coastal shifts a great deal NW, I wouldn't mind honestly that it be weaker and SE and at least salvage some snow for the majority of us.

Archived