• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
2/15 Snow threat

SnowGoose69

one hundred percent agree with this - not what people want to hear but in these situations much of nj/nyc/ and often times philly get jumped with these miller b's --- I think this is a 1-3 for much of the area with maybe 2-4 out eastern end of LI (much more for our friends in new england)

I respectfully disagree. .. often times it's cpa as the Arctic Clipper gives way to a coastal low. The precip jumps from Western pa to enhanced costal bands West of the De River as the incoming energy from pa meets the lift provided from the coastal which pushes back westward enhancing it. Has it screwed nj before? Sure but to me it's much more often cpa.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it ticked west but the precip shield is still ugly

It seems to be getting a little better though.

There are 4 SREF members that absolutely blow this up to the point where most of LI has 0.75" or greater liquid. Not saying it will happen of course but I think there's still room to shift this west some. At least to the point where we get some help from the upper air lows coming by for some snow and not the horrendous dry slot the NAM has.

I respectfully disagree. .. often times it's cpa as the Arctic Clipper gives way to a coastal low. The precip jumps from Western pa to enhanced costal bands West of the De River as the incoming energy from pa meets the lift provided from the coastal which pushes back westward enhancing it. Has it screwed nj before? Sure but to me it's much more often cpa.

I know from bad experience living there how often Central PA gets screwed with Miller B events. Not their type of storm at all. :(

I know from bad experience living there how often Central PA gets screwed with Miller B events. Not their type of storm at all. :(

Yup the dynamics always seem to just give out over that area. Will that happen here? Not sure but I'd go with climatology right now and let the models fall where they may. 2 to 4 from de River east and more as you had ne from nyc.

It seems to be getting a little better though.

There are 4 SREF members that absolutely blow this up to the point where most of LI has 0.75" or greater liquid. Not saying it will happen of course but I think there's still room to shift this west some. At least to the point where we get some help from the upper air lows coming by for some snow and not the horrendous dry slot the NAM has.

Trying so hard to stay optimistic about this one, but I'm just not feeling it for some reason.  Just has the feel of a so-close-yet-so-far scenario for us Islanders.

Yea I noticed some of that with the SLP...it first had it off cape may but then put the slp over the blob

The nam had serious convective feedback issues with yesterday's storm as well. However. .. For the most part handled the dynamics much better (understatement) than the gfs. This one also will come down to dynamics.

The nam had serious convective feedback issues with yesterday's storm as well. However. .. For the most part handled the dynamics much better (understatement) than the gfs. This one also will come down to dynamics.

I think yesterdays storm deff favored the nam with it being a miller A and how convective it was but with this one I am liking the GFS's handling a bit better. I think this 18z is a big run.

The trough is just too progressive on the Nam and digs too far south. A negatively tilted trough doesn't help you if it is shifting east and out to sea due to a kicker behind it.

Yep its just a little to far east...I wish it would consolidate the prcip field I have a hard time believing it will look like that

Im not going to worry about a dry slot just yet .

NAVGEM ,CANADIAN, RGEM ,JMA, UKMET ,GFS  don't show it  They are all .25 to .50 at KNYC .

When you  total up the guidance it leans away from it .

The GFS has been very good out of the N Branch this year and I  think a smart approach is look at all the guidance not the one that favors you

UKMET may be closer to .20  as is the Euro

It had me getting 12 plus inches from the ccb just 2 to 3 hours before it hit. ... I got 3

The HRRR was great part 1 . What happened was all the guidance for part 2 jumped that center out once E of the Delmarva .

Once the HRRR realized it was at AC  on its way to Asbury you saw the 21z jump way west .

All the other high res and Globals had the same look at 12z . The Euro had .6  AT KNYC  and I thought the 850`s looked fine   That center came so far west , it pushed our CCB into EPA

The HRRR was great part 1 . What happened was all the guidance for part 2 jumped that center out once E of the Delmarva .

Once the HRRR realized it was at AC on its way to Asbury you saw the 21z jump way west .

All the other high res and Globals had the same look at 12z . The Euro had .6 That center came so far west , it pushed our CCB into EPA

Exactly. What did Abe report from that ccb btw... Do you happen to know?

Archived