• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2/15 Snow threat

SnowGoose69

It had me getting 12 plus inches from the ccb just 2 to 3 hours before it hit. ... I got 3

Because everyone was looking at and posting snow maps. If you looked at the 850s they were way to warm for any snow. I posted this in the other topic last night about how accurate they were. (This was 18z) Look at these pics. No other model had 1" qpf over nj nyc li ct and it was all supposed to be rain even though the snow maps were showing snow. It had that band to a T even down to the lightning.

post-4195-0-16257400-1392411304_thumb.pn

post-4195-0-76809400-1392411308_thumb.pn

post-4195-0-05335300-1392411401_thumb.pn

post-4195-0-76516000-1392411447_thumb.pn

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because everyone was looking at the snow maps. If you looked at the 850s they were way to warm for any snow. I posted this in the other form last night about how accurate that were. Look at these pics. No other model had 1" qpf over nj nyc li and it was all supposed to be rain even though the snow maps were showing snow. It had that band to a T even down to the lightning.

What I think happened was it was counting what it thought would be sleet (due to the 925mb temps) as snow.

Exactly. What did Abe report from that ccb btw... Do you happen to know?

Not sure , I would just be guessing  ( I think 15 ish ) Im shocked Atownwx didn't check in . He`s been waiting for this back there . 

Cant complain the winters been great , just hate missing 6- 10 in 3 hours as its going off 75 miles to you`re west

It showed me (Brooklyn) with over 1" of liquid and it wasn't far off. Temps sucked but QPF forecast wasn't off

I know. It was spot on. I was having some fun at the hrrs expense. All people were posting were the snow maps last night. They are clown maps. Then we had a bunch of bridge jumpers that thought it was going to be all rain. It was painfully obvious it wouldn't start as snow or even sleet for that matter (not a deep enough cold pool to refreeze it in a thunderstorm lol) but it was also just as obvious that it would change over to snow.

I know. It was spot on. I was having some fun at the hrrs expense. All people were posting were the snow maps last night. They are clown maps. Then we had a bunch of bridge jumpers that thought it was going to be all rain. It was painfully obvious it wouldn't start as snow or even sleet for that matter (not a deep enough cold pool to refreeze it in a thunderstorm lol) but it was also just as obvious that it would change over to snow.

lol I know I hate snow maps lol They should be banded. They are all standardized 10:1, the only ones that seem decent are the SREFs it accounts for ratios it seems

Archived