Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
0z Model Discussion 02/13/14

HailMan06

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even NYC would have 24" of total snowcover by the end of this NAM run. Just picture perfect.

We all know with every impending snowstorm, the NAM will usually one extreme solution. However, this is looking like 2 runs in a row that shows this possibility. I wonder if there is any forecasters out there that puts any credibility with this.

We all know with every impending snowstorm, the NAM will usually one extreme solution. However, this is looking like 2 runs in a row that shows this possibility. I wonder if there is any forecasters out there that puts any credibility with this.

I can confirm that. on his tweeter feed Nick Gregory ' The NAM is colder ,will have to watch it, could lead to higher totals if verifies'

4k Nam city loses 2 hours of the CCB to HVY mixed precip  850`s are plus 2 until Hour 29 , Then we flip . We had that in 2011 - will sleet first City east , then its bombs away

Upton thinks there are gusts to 50 with this , so expect white out conditions with this

So on the precip type maps and totals....NYC gets about 0.25+ rain, 1.25" snow, a tiny bit of freezing rain (more west and east even) and maybe a bit of sleet....so it's mainly a front end thump, to mainly rain then slowly back to an additional few inches at least. Hudson valley gets clobbered with mainly snow/sleet

Archived