Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
0z Model Discussion 02/13/14

HailMan06

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but it seems the best scenarios for us are 1.)for some of the westward tracks to verify so that we get a HEAVY front dump...then dry slot .....with the chance of the CCB hitting us hard later on

2.) for it to be much further east and stay all snow (which now appears out of the question)

A solution that is in the middle would lead to less of an extreme front end dump, and then missing the CCB to the NE. Correct?

RAP and HRRR . look very similar .

Both look great On the RAP at hour 18 - 850`s JUST south of the city and 10 -12 has fallen between Trenton thru  Monmouth County and all of CNJ and around 8 to 10 in KNYC . The center on the RAP at the tip of Delaware and maybe a tick west , but the Damage will be done , and we prob dry out as 850`s warm for round 1

Incredible..when you compare the 0 hr initialization of the 00z NAM to the 6 hour forecast from the 18z NAM, this run is already much more amplified.

The model was considerably off 6 hours in advance. 

Precip orientation is way different too...it actually has the crazy thunderstorms over Florida this run

So I guess we are expecting this NAM run to head in the wrong direction? Being that it is more amped and the last NAM run was nearly perfect for a front end dump and a big CCB hit

I don't think we have to worry about the front end dumping regardless of what the Nam shows now. It's time to look at the shorter range models and the radar.

Archived