joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18z Models 2.12.14 Discussion

BrooklynSnow97

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is All snow for NyC and Possibly The coast Of NYC/5 Boroughs! The Vv are insane and dynamic cooling is occurring! By HR24 the dry slot moves through and the 850s torch but the damage is done

Verbatim by 10AM temps get questionable around NYC but by then there's already 1"+ of liquid fallen. There's maybe 0.4-0.5" more after that which could be rain for Long Island/NYC, and thereafter the dryslot by noon-1pm.

Verbatim by 10AM temps get questionable around NYC but by then there's already 1"+ of liquid fallen. There's maybe 0.4-0.5" more after that which could be rain for Long Island/NYC, and thereafter the dryslot by noon-1pm.

The 4km graphics are really exciting. They are showing an area of mid level cooling where strong lift is occurring within a band that is probably producing whiteout conditions with pasting snow.

Brooklyn snow. What are the chances of that occurring just out of curiosity. Because I hope it is all snow. The air is very very cold down here monmouth county. Hoping for a wallop

I agree...looking good...but we are the red headed step children of the forums with no home in Philly, and not much mention in NYC... as someone who lives in central jersey, in toms river or the above franklin in Monmouth, I really have no idea what to expect...3-6? and heavy rain... or the dynamic cooling keeps us snow?? not in IMBY question per say, just really no coverage for those of us in central/coastal jersey

i've seen the models overforecast dry slot precip too many times in the past.  i think we shut off to almost nothing

Actually if you look at the NAM depiction between hours 24-36 when we would taint it shows little precip. and it's not necessarily pure rain either for some. 4km shows even less than that so if the NAM is correct (which I still doubt but I digress) your theory will ring true.

Archived