joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18z Models 2.12.14 Discussion

BrooklynSnow97

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strongly agree....seeing the dewpoints in the single digits with large dewpoint depressions and a wall of moisture to the south argues for a long period of heavy snow before the changeover. We might get close to 12" just off the front-end dump given the size of this system, which currently stretches from Cuba to Washington, DC. 

CCB/TROWAL still in question but looks nice. 

Still think this isn't our storm buddy?

and yet Major news is out to lunch but thats OK , will watch & learn here about TROWAL and CCB 6-10 front end and lets be conservative 2-4 bk end. Yes Ill take my 8-14 and smile all the way to the bank during what is clearly promising to be the blockbuster of a very very good year

That's correct.

Don - are you sure?  Just kidding - man people are a bit jumpy right now - seems like 10 people all started buzzing about the same thing.  Just wait until the radar doesn't look quite right or the rain mixes in early or the deformation band isn't perfect, etc.  This place is going to be a freakin' zoo tomorrow.  This is one of those storms where I wish we had a thread for only pros, mods, and selected dispassionate experts, like yourself, so the rest of us can read reasonable posts/analysis without having to wade through pages of drek.  I know my post is quasi-banter, but it's worth thinking about...

Don't get me wrong, there will still be extremely heavy snow and the warm air below 850 doesn't seem pronounced more than above that, but the true R/S line may be ahead of the 850 zero line for that reason. After 10am especially, we will really need the dynamics to stay snow near the coast and overcome the bit of warmth below 850.

Don't get me wrong, there will still be extremely heavy snow and the warm air below 850 doesn't seem pronounced more than above that, but the true R/S line may be ahead of the 850 zero line for that reason. After 10am especially, we will really need the dynamics to stay snow near the coast and overcome the bit of warmth below 850.

After 10am, 90-95% of the front end precip is done.

Archived