joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty sad that Allentown will have had 4-5 double digit snow storms after this once passes through over the last 4 winters while I'll have just gotten 1 in a place that averages over twice as much yearly snowfall. I hope this one turns out as nice as it looks for the region and that the CCB doesn't pull its usual trick of fringing PA and crushing NJ. BTW... here's the latest RAP. This is pre-CCB snowfall.

acsnw_t3sfc_f18.png

It's pretty sad that Allentown will have had 4-5 double digit snow storms after this once passes through over the last 4 winters while I'll have just gotten 1 in a place that averages over twice as much yearly snowfall. I hope this one turns out as nice as it looks for the region and that the CCB doesn't pull its usual trick of fringing PA and crushing NJ. BTW... here's the latest RAP. This is pre-CCB snowfall.

Where are you?

Where are you?

Cornell U in Ithaca, NY. Averages 65" of snow per year, hasn't sniffed 40" since 2010-11. The last storm(Feb 5-6) was supposed to be ours but it shifted 40 miles south at the last second(HRRR and RAP were spitting out 1 foot plus as the snow was starting) and we got 5" while Binghamton got 15. We've been forecasted to get at least 5 foot plus storms since I've been up here and exactly one has panned out. It's even more incredible when you consider how Allentown proper only got one 10"+ storm between PD2 and my going to school: Feb 11-12 2010.

Hello, first post. I am a weather geek and I have read every post so far this winter.  I have no idea about the science or technical jargon you people write about but it has not lessoned my interest.  All I know is it is snowing and I love it.

Here is a picture of the street in front of my house in Abington PA.  Seems to be only about an inch or so. This storm better pan out or I will be very disappointed.

10zxsop.jpg

Hello, first post. I am a weather geek and I have read every post so far this winter.  I have no idea about the science or technical jargon you people write about but it has not lessoned my interest.  All I know is it is snowing and I love it.

Here is a picture of the street in front of my house in Abington PA.  Seems to be only about an inch or so. This storm better pan out or I will be very disappointed.

10zxsop.jpg

Hello...looks nice. You're about 10 miles S of me. (611/Easton Rd S)

Horsham,PA 21.5/DP 18 Steady light snow

Archived