joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Ray, looking at that Dover radar, you can see what looks like heavier echoes moving from the ESE towards Philly, at the same time there are better echoes moving up from the SW. Would those 2 levels of moisture overlapping enhance the precipitation beneath them? The obvious answer would seem to be yes but maybe it's not that simple?

So, Ray, looking at that Dover radar, you can see what looks like heavier echoes moving from the ESE towards Philly, at the same time there are better echoes moving up from the SW. Would those 2 levels of moisture overlapping enhance the precipitation beneath them? The obvious answer would seem to be yes but maybe it's not that simple?

Yes there is definitely some enhancement going on.

Some serious radar echoes coming up from central New Castle County, DE.  Is that heavy snow, or is there some sleet mixed in??

Snowing pretty good in Smyrna (in Kent Cty) per DelDot webcam - http://www.deldot.gov/public.ejs?command=PublicCameraDisplay&county=2&id=109&hb=1&connectType=http&camera=KCAM091

Sidenote - Deldot has pretty cool webcams.

It took me forever to find the URL for the forums, looks like we're having issues again. Almost an inch here in York PA, light and semi-fluffy at this point. No estimates on my gauge, but ballpark is better than 10:1 for the time being. But that will change.

Seems as though CTP has lost confidence in SCPA, same with AW. Both are looking for sub 8 inch storms. I'm simply not buying it. Just staring at the zonal flow gives me a big grin.

It took me forever to find the URL for the forums, looks like we're having issues again. Almost an inch here in York PA, light and semi-fluffy at this point. No estimates on my gauge, but ballpark is better than 10:1 for the time being. But that will change.

Seems as though CTP has lost confidence in SCPA, same with AW. Both are looking for sub 8 inch storms. I'm simply not buying it. Just staring at the zonal flow gives me a big grin.

Based on qpf or mixing issues? I agree, lots of moisture headed NE, and out your way I would think you'd stay all snow or snow longer.

Archived