amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2/9 - 2/10 light snow observations

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a complex ULL just now coming ashore along the Pacific Northwest coast.  It has several shortwaves embedded in its rotation.  The models sends several of these waves eastward, one after another.  Right now most guidance sharpens the first in the series.  But a few of the GEFS and SREF members key on another wave right on the heels of the first - and develop a moderate impact coastal low.  I think this follow up wave bears watching.  It would be more like a Sun. night into Mon timeframe.  This wave is in a better position to amplify with respect the longwave trof axis.  And it's possible the ULL coming ashore might cause some model changes.  I've seen numerous cases where models alternatively amplified one wave and then suddenly another, when they were in close proximity. 

Nice call.

Same the ens?

The Control run sees some light snow from CNJ south , Eduggs brought up a good point , there are several SW  that the models see rotating  around the base of the Vortex and hopefully they are able to key on one of them . Then its a matter of redevelopment on the EC or not . Think that's gona take some time . It is the NAM at 78 hours , so that gives me pause .

Archived