mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
2/9 - 2/10 light snow observations

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wishcasting lol i wouldnt say wishcasting, its enthusiastically forecasting :lol:

Holding onto faint snow hopes and always emphasizing the snowiest potential, even if you try to use meteorological terms, is wishcasting.  If it was once in awhile, I don't think anyone would care, but almost 1400 posts in 60 days is almost 25 posts per day and between you and some of the other wishcasters, it simply clutters these threads up.  Maybe read a little more and post a little less - that's my approach, since I much prefer to read what the experts have to say (and I'm certain I know more about meteorological fundamentals than most; see the last paragraph of my profile if interested in why I say that). Just some friendly advice. 

Holding onto faint snow hopes and always emphasizing the snowiest potential, even if you try to use meteorological terms, is wishcasting.  If it was once in awhile, I don't think anyone would care, but almost 1400 posts in 60 days is almost 25 posts per day and between you and some of the other wishcasters, it simply clutters these threads up.  Maybe read a little more and post a little less - that's my approach, since I much prefer to read what the experts have to say (and I'm certain I know more about meteorological fundamentals than most; see the last paragraph of my profile if interested in why I say that). Just some friendly advice. 

I'd rather have a wishcaster than a troll.

agree 100 %

Really getting burned with what the potential was and what the reality will probably be. It's unfortunate but there's a reason why getting 50, 60, 70+" of snow is so incredibly rare. At this point any snow is extra, but it's a shame how things have evolved. 

Eventually, the lucky streak often runs out, particularly in a pattern not generally favorable for big snow here. In 2010-11, the streak ran out in early Feb, and maybe that's true here.

Really getting burned with what the potential was and what the reality will probably be. It's unfortunate but there's a reason why getting 50, 60, 70+" of snow is so incredibly rare. At this point any snow is extra, but it's a shame how things have evolved.

Dont know if you've seen how our snowstorms have occured this year and also how the models have a handle on things 48+ hours out which they dont. Throwing in the towel for sunday/ monday may or may not be smart but the guidance is still VERY wide as to the outcome. Today and tommorow "should" be clearer if we get something good or nothing. Not wishcasting btw :popcorn:

In the first week of February most have had 11-14" of snow, and constant snow cover with 2" QPF falling as freezing or frozen precip. That ain't bad...

We could've benefited greatly from a SE ridge with that stuff off the SE coast on Saturday. It easily would've trended more amplified and N&W,  but the confluence is actually a deterrent this time. Next week still looks somewhat interesting, and a lot of pattern changes begin with a big storm so that remains to be seen, but it may not even be a snow event as things are warming up. 

Holding onto faint snow hopes and always emphasizing the snowiest potential, even if you try to use meteorological terms, is wishcasting. If it was once in awhile, I don't think anyone would care, but almost 1400 posts in 60 days is almost 25 posts per day and between you and some of the other wishcasters, it simply clutters these threads up. Maybe read a little more and post a little less - that's my approach, since I much prefer to read what the experts have to say (and I'm certain I know more about meteorological fundamentals than most; see the last paragraph of my profile if interested in why I say that). Just some friendly advice.

Point taken and im not offended btw i just try and participate no matter what. Its what we're all here to do. Am i good at forecasting? No but i do try and post some stuff that is constructive and it is.

Eventually, the lucky streak often runs out, particularly in a pattern not generally favorable for big snow here. In 2010-11, the streak ran out in early Feb, and maybe that's true here.

I wouldn't be giving up just yet. Still plenty of winter left. While I don't think I would mind having no more snow I have a feeling we see a few more storms later in the month or in March

Happy to see a fellow Ru grad who can write such an erudite bio ( yes I was insane enough to read it all Dr. ) who enjoys RU Footbll & the melody. Rock on & Snow on!

If you take into account 6z suite and 12z suite as well as SREF/ARW they seem to be focusing on that LP popping south of LI and intensifying to varying degrees. The 12z gfs was more energetic with the northern stream but was a bit off, overall the models did trend wetter today no doubt and we're not out of woods with any kind of trending being 60 hours out still

Archived