12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 4th-6th Storm Threat Discussion

Sn0waddict

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is about tomorrow. 32-33 was the magic number in our region wide isothermal snow bomb, but that is irrelevant for this discussion.

No. This is exactly the storm I'm talking about. Models were showing almost completely uniform temps across the island earlier yesterday for this storm...which is very relevant to what you were talking about.

Anyway, that was what the models were showing yesterday so I guess who cares

Rjay, what town are you in?

North Merrick. There's usually a difference of a few degrees in these type of events from my area to yours. You are usually a few degrees cooler. I was just stating the models showed relatively uniform temps on LI yesterday. They hopefully got more specific today or else they are useless in these situations.

That is different from what I saw. What's relevant to my point is that LI is not a single point and does not have uniform weather. Many here seem not to have grasped that. Sounds like you are having difficulty with it too.

Yea ok. Read what I wrote above. You talk down to people way too often on here. I've lived on LI my whole life and am fully aware during certain set ups, what the North Shore experiences is is WAY different then what the south shore sees. You don't seem to grasp that I was just stating what a few models were regurgitating yesterday. I didn't agree with them. I felt the way you feel about "people like me".

Very sorry for the banter guys...I just hate when people act like Mike Francesca.

It will absorb all the moisture tomorrow and then freeze like concrete at night. Flat roofs could

have problems if we get too much rain in coastal sections adding water content to the snowpack.

I have a snow covered flat roof above two second story bedrooms. No way I'm going up to clean it. I'm very worried about how much QPF is expected tonight...and on Sunday.

Archived