Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014 Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just dumping here now. Awesome.  Was just reading the Pittsburgh thread...some of those guys mixed pretty early but changed back to 100% snow as the heavier precip moved in, cooling the column.  I think that bodes well for at least the first half of the overnight here in Centre County. 

Just measured...around 1.4" in the first hour.

ask and you shall receive...

PAZ056-057-059-063>066-051530-/O.CON.KCTP.WS.W.0004.000000T0000Z-140205T2100Z/PERRY-DAUPHIN-LEBANON-CUMBERLAND-ADAMS-YORK-LANCASTER-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWPORT...HARRISBURG...HERSHEY...LEBANON...CARLISLE...GETTYSBURG...YORK...LANCASTER1217 AM EST WED FEB 5 2014...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THISAFTERNOON...* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 3 INCHES OF MAINLY SLEET.* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO 0.50 INCH.* TIMING...FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET WILL FALL ALL NIGHT...WITH ICE  ACCRETIONS ON TREES AND OTHER SURFACES REACHING CLOSE TO A HALF  OF AN INCH. TEMPERATURES MAY GET ABOVE FREEZING AROUND  SUNRISE...MAINLY SOUTH OF THE TURNPIKE. HOWEVER...FREEZING RAIN  WILL LIKELY CONTINUE IN SOME OF THE REGION INTO THE MID MORNING.* IMPACTS...EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS DUE TO ICE. THE  SLEET AND ICE ACCUMULATION ON TREES AND UTILITY LINES WILL  LIKELY CAUSE WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES. THE WEDNESDAY MORNING  COMMUTE WILL BE SEVERELY IMPACTED.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING.USE EXTREME CAUTION IF PLANNING TO TRAVEL. FOR THE LATEST WEATHERINFORMATION...GO TO WEATHER.GOV/CTP OR STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHERRADIO.IF YOU EXPERIENCE A POWER OUTAGE...DO NOT USE GENERATORS...GRILLSOR OTHER GASOLINE...PROPANE OR CHARCOAL BURNING DEVICES INSIDEYOUR HOME OR GARAGE. THEY PRODUCE CARBON MONOXIDE...ANODORLESS...COLORLESS GAS THAT KILLS MORE THAN 500 AMERICANS EACHYEAR. GENERATORS SHOULD BE PLACED OUTSIDE...AWAY FROM DOORSWINDOWS AND VENTS THAT COULD ALLOW CARBON MONOXIDE TO SEEP INSIDE.REPORT SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATION TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICESTATE COLLEGE BY SENDING AN EMAIL TO [email protected] TO THE NWS STATE COLLEGE FACEBOOK PAGE...OR TWEET@NWSSTATECOLLEGE WITH THE HASHTAG #CTPWX.

Well turned the heat up to 66 overnight, phone fully charged and flashlights and led lanterns at the ready.

Hope we wake up with electricity but its doubtful I fear, even with me underground utilities on the Capitol grid. It is pouring sleet still.

Strangely enough I've never lost power from an ice storm in my 10 years in midtown. Maybe I've just been lucky. Thinking about bringing the heat back up for the overnight hours.

Well turned the heat up to 66 overnight, phone fully charged and flashlights and led lanterns at the ready.

Hope we wake up with electricity but its doubtful I fear, even with me underground utilities on the Capitol grid. It is pouring sleet still.

its pouring sleet now and there is orange on the radar just to our west...

how heavy is it in Carlisle?

Strangely enough I've never lost power from an ice storm in my 10 years in midtown. Maybe I've just been lucky. Thinking about bringing the heat back up for the overnight hours.

We did in that Dec 07 storm for about 6 hours, I think that's the only time for us. But this will be the largest I've event we've seen since moving here I think.

Archived