Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014 Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have transitioned over to almost all sleet now.  It's accumulating on my walkway to my house.

Temp has ticked up a notch to 26.3 / DP 22.8.

The talk of all the accidents already in the first hour of the storm is horrible.  Memories of my first car accident way back in December of 1977.  I was taking back roads to county college and was not prepared for the freezing rain.  I was driving a VW Beetle (1969) and hit a bad patch on the road that sent me out of control into a telephone pole.  I was wearing the seatbelt but there weren't shoulder restraints in cars yet so at impact my head flung forward and I hit the windshield.  I escaped with only bruises and a cut to my forehead.

If freezing rain is ever in the forecast I do not drive, period.

Starting to wonder about the dry slot in WV entering SW PA. If that doesn't fill in it might cut down on snow.

Gonna have to see if it fills in some, if we go through a period of broken precip it'll likely allow the mixing to try to move up into our neck of the woods. The mix line via CC has appeared to be staying anchored from JST to near the Blair/Bedford line with this heavy precip overhead.

Nearly 1.5" in the hour this snow has been going on here. 

Just eyeballing it I'd say we have about an inch in less than 45 minutes here.  There is a huge spruce tree 0.10 miles from my apartment that I use to judge vis...can just barely make it out.  Temp down to 22°.

Gonna have to see if it fills in some, if we go through a period of broken precip it'll likely allow the mixing to try to move up into our neck of the woods. The mix line via CC has appeared to be staying anchored from JST to near the Blair/Bedford line with this heavy precip overhead.

Doesn't look like it's filling in at all.

CarlislePaWx:

report your concerns here:
REPORT SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATION TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
STATE COLLEGE BY SENDING AN EMAIL TO [email protected]...
POSTING TO THE NWS STATE COLLEGE FACEBOOK PAGE...OR TWEET
@NWSSTATECOLLEGE WITH THE HASHTAG #CTPWX.

at skywarn training, they made it clear that reports will cause them to change  warnings.

Archived