joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAA is always underforecast on models. Plus,I've learned enough from reading jm1220's experiences.

CAD is always underforecast on models...

Ugh, not gonna argue right now. Seahawks just won the Super Bowl and we have two snow events in the next three days. I'm gonna enjoy my night. And I hope everyone else enjoys theirs. :)

Voyager, dont buy into the NAM yet, RGEM shifted south 20 miles or so with the northern edge.  The difference between the NAM and RGEM for our specific location is drastic... 2-3" vs 7-8" and until I see evidence the NAM isnt smoking something I would hedge my bets towards the lower end.  I have bought into these north trends in the last 24 hours all winter only to watch as the heavy banding sets up just south of us over and over and over.  Maybe this time is different but until I see overwhelming evidence I am skeptical that the 5"+ snows get north of Harrisburg.

I always put my money on CAD. If the south gets a nice dump that is only going to strengthen the CAD. Wed looks fine here at UNV. I feel 6 inches is a good shot. 

Snow pack too, Tuesday's highs are going to underperform, the thermal mass of 3-10" of wet dense snow is just incredible.

Archived