joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understood what you meant man! Don't worry about who gets snow and who doesn't enjoy what you get!!

I really think you will make out ok up there tomorrow. Maybe a couple inches. So far this winter the storms reach always seems further north then what is modeled. So good luck.

This is why I need to remember to look at the models first, then look here.

This is not "precip amounts fading fast".

Breath, man. Breeeaaaattttthhhh.

WED 06Z 05-FEB  -5.3    -3.2    1020      96      99    0.34     558     543    WED 12Z 05-FEB  -4.6    -0.1    1011      98      97    0.68     553     544    WED 18Z 05-FEB  -2.8    -6.1    1011      91      85    0.08     543     534 

Admittedly, I was rushing this morning as I overslept and was running late for work, so I didn't get a good chance to look at the data.

looks like Horst is going all in for southern PA

As well he should. The best dynamics will lie around Northern MD up to just south of HBG. Looks like some good vertical motion in that zone could enhance precip around those areas with banding. Unfortunately, where ever the bands set up, someone to the north will get screwed due to subsidence. I like his map. Should be a fun time watching this happen tomorrow

As well he should. The best dynamics will lie around Northern MD up to just south of HBG. Looks like some good vertical motion in that zone could enhance precip around those areas with banding. Unfortunately, where ever the bands set up, someone to the north will get screwed due to subsidence. I like his map. Should be a fun time watching this happen tomorrow

Of course we all know where that will be...lol

I'd sure like to squeak out 3" from this one though. As for the mid-week storm, I'm not liking the major ice showing up on the models. I'd prefer all snow, snow to sleet, or all rain. 3/4 inch of ice would not be good at all. Especially with the cold air that supposedly follows.

Archived